RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Each version can be selectively viewed and restored.
Areca requires a JAVA runtime environment and supports multiple storage modes. These include
- (16) – This is the default mode, especially recommended for users
- Delta – This mode is recommended for advanced users
- Image – The mode is capable of creating a single archive that is updated with each backup.
- Macrium Reflect : Free backup and image software for Windows
- GFI Backup, free backup software for Windows
- Freeware Acronis True Image Alternatives & Norton Ghost Alternatives
- Paragon Free Backup & Recovery software for Windows
- Clonezilla Live : Free imaging software for Windows for hard disk cloning
- EASEUS Todo Backup for Windows, free file backup and disaster recovery software.
In addition, Areca provides archive restoration tools (with or without deleted files). Currently, there does not seem to be a 64-bit Areca package for Windows.
Looking for other free backup software? These links may interest you: