Many people are annoyed by the fact that Private Internet Access is not connected. If you’re having problems too, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ve prepared some proven solutions for PIA not connecting.
PIA (Private Internet Access) is a widely used VPN provider that has more than 3,300 servers in 46 countries. This VPN provider offers many features such as DNS leak protection and IPv6 leak protection. It is available for various operating systems including Windows, IOS, Linux, macOS, and Android.
However, many users sometimes report that private Internet access is not connected to the computer. This problem is always related to the Internet connection. In addition, other factors such as IPv6 and TAP adapter drivers are responsible for PIA not connecting.
Why does PIA (Private Internet Access) not connect under Windows?
The inability of PIA to connect to the Internet can be caused by a number of reasons. PIA connection problems can be caused by your Internet connection, and this is a problem you should rule out from the beginning by checking if you are properly connected to the Internet and if other VPN tools are working. If not, we’ve prepared a list of possible causes that should help you localize the problem faster and more correctly.
Let’s take a look at these reasons:
- If your Internet connection is slow or unstable, this error can occur.
- The server you connected to via PIA may be down or malfunctioning, which is the cause of this error.
- If the proxy server is enabled, this type of error can occur.
- The default DNS may not be compatible with PIA, causing this error.
To fix the “PIA (Private Internet Access) not connected” error on Windows
Check your connection
To do this, disconnect from the PIA VPN and try accessing it without the app. If you can access it, reconnect the VPN and try the following solution.
If you can’t access the Internet when you’re disconnected from the VPN, the problem is with your Internet connection. Reboot your device and check your network settings.
Connect to another server
Since PIA has many servers, you can choose another server and connect to it. Can you access the Internet with the new server location?
If so, it means that there may be a temporary problem with the server location you were using previously.
Clear your DNS
- Click the Start button and select All apps.
- Select Accessories.
- Type CMD in the search box, then right-click on the command line and select Run as administrator.
- Type IP config / flush DNS and press Enter. You will see confirmation that Windows IP Configuration has successfully cleared the DNS resolver cache.
Change the VPN protocol
A VPN uses protocols to connect to a server, and some of those protocols are L2TP, PPTOP, OpenVPN TCP and UDP.
To solve the Internet access problem, select the protocols in the following order: OpenVPN TCP, L2TP, and then PPTP.
Changing proxy settings
- Click Tools and select Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, go to LAN Settings.
- Uncheck all options except the auto-discovery options.
- Click OK and close the browser.
- Open the browser again and try to connect to the Internet.
Check your DNS settings
- Click Start.
- Look for the Show network connections option.
- Right-click on your WiFi adapter.
- Select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Select Properties.
- Change the preferred DNS address to 220.127.116.11 and the alternate 18.104.22.168.
- Restart your computer and try logging back on to the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you cannot connect to PIA on Android, your problem may be caused by one of the following: A battery saver/storage app is interfering with your PIA connection. Problems with the app cache need to be cleared. Faulty application.
- Go to settings and click on Network and Internet.
- Select VPN. The VPN screen will open.
- Click "Add a VPN connection."
- Enter the VPN credentials you received from your ISP ...
- Enter the username and password you received from your service provider.
Open your browser and go to piavpn.com/ios. Select the server you want to connect to by clicking on the location, and then the file will be downloaded. Click on the downloaded server in the Android drop-down list. Click "Accept" to import the configuration into OpenVPN Connect.
On Android smartphones or tablets, go to the VPN by Private Internet Access page of the Google Play Store and click the green "UPDATE" button. On Windows, macOS and Linux, right-click the PIA icon in your system tray and download the latest version to update.