Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Reddit is an American discussion site. It is also known as the “front page of the Internet. Other people can vote or comment on your Reddit. Reddit is the fifth most popular site in the United States and the thirteenth in the world. The error message “Your session has expired on Reddit” was recently reported by many users around the world. This prevents you from logging into your Reddit account.
There can be many reasons for this, but don’t worry, as the problem can be solved very easily and in a short time. Follow these steps to solve this problem. Full error message: “Your session has expired. Please refresh the page and try again.”
What causes the error message “Your session has expired, please refresh the page and try again” on Reddit?
New Reddit: In some cases, the error when switching to a new Reddit layout does not work for the user. This can happen for several reasons, and when it does, it prevents the user from using Reddit in the new layout. The new layout also interrupted searches on Reddit for some users.
Cache clearing: In some cases, data cached by the browser may be corrupted, which is why you see this error. Some data is cached by the browser to speed up the site loading process and reduce latency, but if it is corrupted, it may prevent the user from logging incorrectly.
Incorrect login: The most common cause of this problem is that the account is not properly connected to the computer. Although it shows that the connection was successful, it does not register properly with the servers and the session is terminated. This can also cause an error 500 on Reddit and prevent you from logging in or using the site.
Cookies: Cookies stored in your browser may be corrupted and prevent you from correctly logging into your Reddit account. Cookies are stored by browsers to remember certain data on the site to reduce site load time and improve the user experience. However, if they are corrupted, they can prevent you from logging in and you may see this message.
How to repair the “Your session has expired, please refresh and try again” error message on Reddit?
Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
Some users may need to clear their browser cache and cookies to resolve the “Your session has expired” error.
- Click the “Customize Google Chrome” button in your Google Chrome browser.
- Click More Tools and Clear Browser Data to open a window.
- Select the “All watches” option.
- Select the Cached images and files checkbox.
- Then click the Cookies and other site data option to select it.
- Click the Clear Data button.
- Click the Open button on the browser menu.
- Click on Library to open the side menu.
- Click on the History option.
- Select the Clear Recent History option.
- Select the All option from the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Select the Cache and Cookies checkboxes.
- Click the Delete Now button.
Log in from the Reddit sidebar
Some users have also confirmed that the same “Your session has expired” error does not occur when they log in from the Reddit sidebar.
- Click the button in the upper-right corner of the Reddit page to open the sidebar.
- Click on the “Login/Register” option.
- Then enter your login information.
- Click on the “Register” button.
Log in to the old Reddit interface
It’s not really a solution, but some users have reported that they can still log in to old Reddit without any problems.
- Open the old Reddit in a web browser.
- Enter your login credentials there.
- Then click the Sign in button.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Log in to your old Reddit.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Log in with a different browser.
- Log in from the Reddit sidebar.
- Log in to Reddit from someone else's profile page.
Incorrect login: The most common cause of this problem is that your account is not properly connected to your computer, which will show that your login was successful, but it won't register properly with the servers and the session will expire.
If you are browsing anonymously or if your web browser does not have cookies enabled, many sessions will expire. Make sure your browser has Internet Cookies enabled.
If you receive the message "Your session has expired. Please sign in again" and you are prompted to sign in again with your primary email address and password, this usually means that your web browser cookies have been deleted, deleted, or blocked.