RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
How do you know if your Windows computer is infected by a virus? Seriously! You have installed antivirus software and you use your computer with the feeling that it is well protected and therefore free of malware. But maybe, just maybe, there could be a malware or Trojan horse or key logger running on your computer without you knowing it and compromising your security or corrupting your data.
How do you know if your computer is infected with a virus
Is your Windows computer infected? Learn how to detect infections and malicious signs, symptoms that tell you if your Windows PC is infected with a computer virus. In this post, we will see some of the symptoms of a malware infection that tell you if your computer has been infected by a computer virus.
Read: How to get a virus or malware?
Symptoms of malware infection
Typical symptoms that may have affected your computer are :
- Change your browser home page or default search
- Your web browser crashes or becomes slow
- Your computer is slow or often blocked
- You cannot open security related websites or Microsoft.com domains.
- You will be redirected to websites you do not want to visit
- Unexpected toolbars in your browser
- Security software or firewall disabled
- Your security software issues warnings or its icon turns red or something like that.
- Pop-ups while surfing, unknown or excessive
- Taskbar balloon notifications
- Excessive CPU or memory usage
- Internet or data transfer – modem seems to work longer
- You see unexpected Windows error messages
- Some programs start automatically
- Some important Windows functions are disabled. For example, Task Manager, Registry Editor, Control Panel, Command Prompt, etc.
- New unknown software, unwanted software installed, etc.
- You suddenly see new icons on your desktop.
If you see any of these signs, your computer may have been infected with a virus or malware.
Starting with Windows Vista, Microsoft has introduced many security features into the operating system that have been enhanced in Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. If your computer is nevertheless infected with malware, there are ways to remove malware infections .
Read more: How do I know if my computer has been hacked?