RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Displaying clocks with multiple time zones is convenient when you are busy with work, friends or family around the world. It can even be useful to know when a live event (such as a Microsoft Build Keynote) is in a different time zone.
In Windows 10, you can set up to three different clocks: the main clock, which is set to your local time, and two additional clocks with different time zones. You can view all three by clicking or dragging your mouse over the clock in the taskbar.
In this Windows 10 tutorial, we will show you how to set the time zone clocks and how to track even more time zones with the Alarms & Clock application.
Adding Multiple Clocks to the Start Menu
Step 1: Press the Windows key and select “Alarms and Clock” from the application list.
You can also enter alarms in the search field and click on the appropriate result – Alarms & Clock.
Step 2: On the ‘Alarms & Clock’ home page, navigate to the Clock section.
There you will see the local time, date and a map with a geo-pin indicating your current location.
Step 3: To add a new clock for a different region or time zone, tap the plus (+) symbol in the lower right corner of the screen.
A new search bar will appear at the top of the map.
Step 4: Enter a location in the search field. This can be the name of a country, state or city.
As you type in the field, the Windows system displays a few suggestions.
Step 5: Tap a region of your choice from the drop-down suggestions and the corresponding clock is added to the dashboard.
Windows will display the time difference between your default time zone and the newly added time zone. A new pin that shows the position of the new clock is also added to the map.
Step 6: To add the new clock to your computer’s Start menu, simply right-click on the clock and select the “Pin to Start” option.
Step 7: A window will appear asking you to confirm if you really want to add the new clock to your PC’s Start menu. Tap Yes to continue.
And you’re done. Now follow the steps above and add multiple time zone clocks and even more time zones that you can pin to the start menu.
Add Multiple Clocks to Taskbar in Windows 10
To add multiple clocks to the taskbar in Windows 10, follow these steps
- Open Settings > click Time and Language.
- On the next screen, click Date and Time in the left pane. In the right pane, scroll down and click Add Clocks for Different Time Zones.
- On the next screen, click the Additional Clocks tab > select the Show this clock check box and select the time zone or country for which you want to show the clock.
- To add the second clock to the taskbar, select the Show this clock check box and select the time zone or country for the second clock.
- Click Apply and OK to save both clocks to your computer.
- You can then check the time of two different countries on your computer at any time by simply clicking on the local clock in your computer’s taskbar.
- Once you click on the clock in the taskbar, you will see a pop-up that shows the local time and also the current time in two other countries or time zones.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.