RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
By default, the language of a Microsoft Edge browser is regional; wherever you are in the world, your browser will display the language that is primarily spoken there. However, some people speak one or more languages in addition to their native language and prefer one or the other. To change the default language displayed in an Internet browser, make a selection from the list below and follow the instructions.
On Windows 10, the new version of Microsoft Edge, based on Google’s proprietary Chromium engine, allows you to install additional languages to change the default display language (including settings and messages) to match the language you understand. The ability to add additional language packs also allows the browser to check spelling in multiple languages.
This Windows 10 tutorial will guide you through the steps to add new languages to the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge. We’ll also explain the steps you need to take to change the browser language and manage other settings, such as translating content and spell checking.
Adding a supported language to Microsoft Edge
Follow these steps to view the list of supported languages, then add a language to Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Settings and More icon in the browser menu bar (…) or type Alt+F to open the Settings and More menu.
- Under Settings, click Languages.
- Under Languages, click Add Languages to display the list of languages you can add.
- In the Add Languages list, you can search for a language (Find Languages) or use the scroll bar to find the language you want to add.
- When you find the language, select the check box corresponding to the language, and then click Add. The language you added appears at the bottom of the list of preferred languages already defined for Microsoft Edge. Web sites you visit will appear in the first language in the list they support.
Ok, that’s all. I hope this article has helped you. If it did! We’d like you to share it with your friends and family. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you have trouble changing the language of your Edge Browser.
Changing the display language in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Click on the menu button with three dots.
- Click on the Settings item.
- Click Languages on the left side.
- On the right side, click the Add Language button.
- Select the desired languages in the following dialog.
- The added languages appear in the list of languages.
- Click the button with the three dots next to the language name.
- Activate (check) the option Show Microsoft Edge in this language.
Follow these steps to remove a language from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the “Settings and More” (triple dotted line) button.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on Languages.
- In the Languages section, click the Menu button (three-pointed) next to the language.
- Click the Delete button.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.