RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you use Firefox and do not want it to follow every website you visit, you can configure the browser to always use the private browsing mode. Once you close all your Firefox windows, nothing of your browsing history is saved.
The private browsing mode does not guarantee complete privacy, but it does prevent your browser from storing your history, searches, cookies and other private information between browsing sessions. You can always start your browser in private browsing mode if you prefer.
Most people will not want to use private browsing mode permanently. You will need to log in to the websites you use each time you open your browser, as it does not store cookies that maintain your log-in status.
You can find out how to activate them here.
How to always start the Firefox browser in private browsing mode
This way, your browser will always use the private mode. As soon as you close all your Firefox windows, your browsing history will be deleted. In this article, we will therefore present a method that allows you to always start Mozilla Firefox in private browser mode.
- First open the Firefox browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Then click on the hamburger symbol and select “Options”.
- On the options page, you must click on “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down and click on the drop-down menu next to “Firefox will” and select “Use custom settings for history”.
- You must check the box next to “Always use private browsing”.
- Once this is done, you will be prompted to restart the browser. Simply click on the “Restart Firefox now” button.
- When Firefox is restarted, it will always load in private browser mode.
Now when you open Firefox, the private browser window opens by default, ensuring that you always keep your browsing history private. For more details, see private browsing in Mozilla Firefox in this article.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.