Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
In our minds, the question often arises as to what is private surfing or private mode. The answer to this question is very simple, namely that private surfing refers to surfing web browsers without leaving any trace of your browsing history. This prevents people from knowing what you’re doing on the Internet because it disables the browsing history and web caching features.
In addition, this mode does not allow your browser to store cookies and search history. Each browser has its own way of activating private browsing mode, and ways to activate this mode for some of the most commonly used web browsers are listed below.
What does Microsoft Edge do with your data in InPrivate?
This is the case of private browsing:
- Clear browsing history, download history, cookies and other website data, cached images and files, passwords, auto-fill form data, website permissions, and hosted application data when you close all InPrivate windows.
- Save your favorites and downloaded files so you can access them the next time you use Microsoft Edge.
- Allows you to access favorites, passwords, and form completion information from the profile used to open the InPrivate window.
- Allow extensions that you have allowed to run while browsing InPrivate.
- Automatically use InPrivate Search with Microsoft Bing for searches in the search bar on the InPrivate homepage and on Bing.com. If the default search engine is Bing, the private search is also used when searching in the address bar.
How to Always Start Microsoft Edge in InPrivate Browsing Mode
To enable private browsing in Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Open a Microsoft Edge browser window.
- Select the Settings and More icon, which looks like three horizontal dots.
- Select the new “InPrivate” window.
- A new browser window will open. A blue and white image in the upper right corner indicates that the private browsing mode is active in the current window.
Microsoft Edge Chromium InPrivate browser windows are ideal for anyone who cares about privacy, especially when used in conjunction with the built-in browser tracking prevention feature. Plus, by constantly running Edge in private mode, you don’t have to worry about offline recordings of your browsing activities.
However, using Microsoft Edge Chromium in private mode generally does not provide the best long-term experience. Not only are you missing useful features, such as the ability to synchronize your data between devices, but the lack of a permanent browser cache means that performance is degraded when you repeatedly visit websites.
So you may not want to stop surfing Microsoft Edge Chromium altogether. And it’s not so difficult to manually clear the browsing history and cache.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.