RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You can simply cancel your free trial of Apple Music to avoid paying fees, or you can switch to another service. If you want to cancel your Apple Music subscription for any reason, you’ll find everything you need to know here.
You should know that you don’t have to wait until the day before your next billing day to cancel Apple Music. You can simply cancel your Apple Music subscription now and continue to access it until your next billing date. This means that if you get a trial version of Apple Music, you can cancel it now and continue to enjoy Apple Music for 3 months at no charge.
There are several ways to manage your Apple Music subscription, but none are particularly obvious. You can follow these steps depending on the device you are using.
If I cancel, will I lose my music?
If you cancel your Apple Music subscription, you will lose access to all music stored by the service and all Apple Music playlists. You can take screenshots of artists, albums, and playlists before you cancel your account.
You won’t lose the music you bought from iTunes or the music you downloaded to your devices from your Mac or PC.
Cancel Subscriptions in iTunes for Desktop
- If you use iTunes on a desktop computer, to cancel your Apple Music subscription or any other automatically-renewed subscription, click your account at the top of the iTunes window, then click Account Info.
- You must enter your Apple ID password to access your account information. When you’re on your account information page, scroll down to Settings and click Manage next to Subscriptions.
- You’ll now see all the different subscriptions you have or have already purchased. Click “Edit” next to your Apple Music membership.
- If renewal options are available, you can review them and make changes. For example, here we can upgrade to a Family Plan for $14.99 per month. However, to cancel your Apple Music membership, click “Off” next to the automatic renewal option.
- When you’re ready, click “Done”. When your free Apple Music trial expires, your subscription will be cancelled and you will not be billed.
Cancel your Apple Music for iPhone and iPad Subscription
- Launch the Music application on your iOS device and tap the To You tab at the bottom.
- Now tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Then tap “Show Apple ID”. (If prompted, authenticate your Apple ID).
- Next, touch Subscriptions and select Apple Music Membership.
- Touch Cancel Subscription and confirm.
Cancelling Apple Music on your Android Device
Open the Apple Music App on your device and access the menu (located in the upper left corner). At the top of the screen, tap your name, then tap Manage Membership. Click Subscribe to Apple Music and turn off automatic renewal. This will cancel your subscription after the current billing period or after the trial period ends. Be sure to cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before your renewal date, or you may have to pay for an additional month.
If you did not sign up for Apple Music through the application, you may need to cancel your subscription by other means. Some provider-bundled subscriptions are managed by your wireless carrier. If you no longer have the device you signed in to, you must download iTunes to your Mac or PC to cancel your subscription.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.