Last Updated on June 18, 2019
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you have ever wondered what a DjVu file is, you have just arrived at the right place: The short answer is that it is a portable file format like Adobe PDF that is mainly used for e-books and scanned documents. The DjVu file format uses the extensions.djvu and.djv.
DjVu was originally developed by AT&T and is used as an image compression technology, which is an open source alternative to PDF. It allows the distribution of digitized documents, photos and images at very high resolution on the Internet. There are a number of DjVu viewers, browser plugins, encoders and decoders available on Mac and Windows.
PDF vs DjVu
Both DjVu and PDF formats define functions to create a document delivery platform. The main difference between DjVu and PDF is that DjVu is developed as a raster image format and PDF as a vector image format.
One of the consequences of this difference is that when creating a DjVu file, a maximum raster image resolution must be specified, while the resolution of the PDF vector image can be increased to any value without data loss. This means that the image quality of a DjVu document is lower than that of a high-resolution PDF file.
Advantages of the DjVu format:
- Good compression – the file can contain a large number of elements (graphics, colors, fonts, patterns) and is always small in size (but with costs because there is a loss of quality of the converted images).
- Suitable for eBooks – DjVu documents are viewed in a more user-friendly way for people used to reading eBooks.
- Fast image rendering – when viewing the DjVu document, pages containing images open very quickly because the graphics are rendered in advance (in cache).
- Scanned document conversion algorithm – for its main purpose, DjVu has a unique algorithm for converting scanned images and text elements.
- DjVu is suitable as an archiving format for documents with graphics, manuals and scanned documents (provided there is no loss of quality).
Advantages of the PDF format:
- Popularity – PDF is the most popular document format for sharing and storage, and a wide range of software solutions are available (free and commercial).
- Security – It has the best security settings to protect the document from unauthorized access.
- Standardization – PDF has an ISO standard as a document archiving and exchange format (PDF/A).
- Fidelity – the PDF conversion algorithm offers an optimal quality/size ratio because it compresses data (especially text) significantly, but without loss of quality. For this reason, PDF is also widely used in the printing industry because it can produce print quality documents that accurately reproduce the content as it was printed on paper.
How to convert DjVu format to PDF format?
For DjVu Viewer:
You can export the file “Export as….. “Use PDF format. It is an open source software that converts quickly and allows you to optimize the conversion (i.e. change the resolution by specifying the DPI or the quality of the JPEG conversion).
Perhaps the most convenient and secure method to convert file formats is an online converter. Therefore, in this step, we will use an online converter to change the file format of DjVu files to PDF. For that:
- Open your browser and navigate to the website.
- Select the Download Files button and double-click on the file you want to convert.
- The file will start to be downloaded, wait for the process to be completed, and then start the conversion process.
- Once the file has been converted, a download button appears.
- Click on the Download button and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- The file will now be downloaded in PDF format.
DJVU is useful for people who want to keep digitized copies of books in stacks. People also sometimes use the DJVU file format to share large quantities of eBooks online due to the size of the compressed file and the high transformation speed. However, a disadvantage of the DJVU file type is its inflexible nature. It is impossible for a person to open a DJVU document on their computer, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iPad, iPad, Amazon Kindle, smartphone or other device. If you want to read such a document on a portable device, it is often useful to convert the file to PDF format.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.