RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
No one likes stupid typos, but fortunately you can correct them if you make them in Instagram. It’s a feature that’s been around for a while, but it’s a little buried and you may not have noticed it.
To delete a comment on your own or someone else’s post, press the “Comment” button and drag the cursor to the left over your comment. You can then press the trash can icon to delete your comment.
As for editing, you can edit your comment on your own posts. Just touch the icon with the three dots on your post and then touch Edit. You can correct typos, add a place or mark people.
To delete an Instagram comment on your iPhone or Android
- Open your Instagram application, log in if you are not already logged in, and find the message with the comment you want to delete.
- Tap the comment icon (speech bubble) or any comment below the message.
- iPhone users must left-click on the comment they wish to delete to isolate it; Android users must press and/or hold down the comment to select it.
- Tap the trash can icon to delete your comment.
Deleting an online comment on Instagram
Instagram’s website for the office is getting better every day. If you enjoy using Instagram on your computer, you’ll be happy to know that you can delete comments from here.
- Open the Instagram site in your browser, of course, and then click on an item to expand it. You will now see the Comments section on the right hand side.
- Find the comment you wish to delete and move your mouse over it. Then click on the “Three-Point Menu” button.
- From there, select the “Delete” option.
- The comment is immediately deleted from the post.
What happens when you delete an Instagram comment?
When you delete an Instagram comment, it simply disappears. No one will be notified. So, if you have a spam comment on one of your posts, the spammer will only notice it’s gone if he goes back to look for it.
Can I delete other people’s comments on Instagram?
Yes, you can delete other people’s comments on Instagram, but only if they relate to your own post. If you find an offensive comment in someone else’s post, the best way to mark that comment as spam is to drag it to the left, press the ! icon, and then press Report this comment.
Can you restore a comment on Instagram?
No. Think twice before deleting an Instagram comment, because once you press the trash can icon, the comment disappears forever.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.