RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You can delete songs from your Spotify music collection or from a playlist on your PC, tablet or smartphone. Once you’ve saved a song in your collection and added it to a playlist, you must delete it from both if you never want to hear it again.
If you don’t want the music stored on your PC to appear in Spotify, you can also delete it. However, you can only delete the entire source, such as Windows Music Player or iTunes, not a particular song.
To Remove a Song from a Playlist in Spotify on the Desktop
Start by opening the Spotify application on your desktop. Navigate to the playlist – from your home screen, the sidebar or by searching – of the playlist you want to delete a song from.
- Click the three dots next to the song you want to delete to open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Remove from this playlist”.
- It will be deleted immediately.
To Remove a Song from a Playlist on Spotify on Mobile
Start by opening the Spotify application on your iPhone or Android device and navigate to the playlist you want to delete a song from.
- Tap the three dots next to the song you want to delete to open a pop-up menu.
- Tap Delete from this playlist.
- The pop-up menu will close and the song will disappear from your playlist.
How do I Delete Songs Downloaded to Spotify?
- Disable ‘Available offline’ for any playlists that you don’t want to re-download and that don’t take up space on your phone.
- Tap the Settings/Options menu in the bottom right corner of the sidebar.
- Scroll down and tap Clear cache and saved data.
- Press the OK button.
- Wait for the data to be deleted . Done.
After following this procedure, you’ll need to log in to Spotify and update your previously defined settings.
The absence of a mass delete function is certainly disappointing to some. Unfortunately, there are no good third-party applications that can make this possible. If you really want to get rid of all your Spotify songs, the options mentioned above are the only ones available to you.
If you have too many songs to delete manually, the solution is to delete an entire playlist at once. And if you haven’t organized your songs into playlists, filters can help you delete songs you no longer need. If all else fails, you can always deactivate your account and start over again.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.