RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
By downloading Kindle books to your application or device, you can read books on the go. However, your library can fill up quickly if you use it frequently, and it’s best to empty out old titles to make room for new reading.
You can completely delete an eBook from your entire Amazon account directly on the Kindle. Previously, the only way to do this was to log into your account via the Amazon website and remove the book that way.
How to Delete Kindle Books Directly from your Kindle
If you want to completely remove a book from your Amazon account, you must ensure that you are using the 5.12.5 update for your Kindle.
- Click My Library, then locate the title you want to delete.
- Press and hold the “Cover Art” button for two seconds, and a message will appear asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Once the deletion process is complete, the title will be completely deleted from your Amazon account and you will no longer see the title in the cloud section.
- If you accidentally removed the wrong book, you will need to purchase it again.
How to Remove Kindle Books from your Amazon account
Amazon stores all your content purchases in your online account on Amazon, so you can download and sync the same book on multiple devices with Kindle applications. When you remove a book from the iPad, it is not deleted from your library of books purchased on Amazon’s cloud servers, and you can download it back to the iPad if you ever want to read it again.
If you want to permanently remove the book, you can do that, too.
- Sign in to the Amazon account you have associated with your Kindle and go to “Manage Content and Devices”. You should see a list of your purchases. Locate the book you wish to remove and click the “…” button to the left of the title.
- Select “delete” from the drop-down menu. You will be asked to confirm whether or not you wish to delete the file. Click the yellow “Yes, delete permanently” button to remove the file from your library.
There are two ways to remove books from your Kindle. You can do this directly on your device by going to the book you no longer want and selecting “Delete from Device”, or you can permanently delete the book from your Kindle account on the computer.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.