RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Blank lines are not bad, but in most leaves, they are definitely undesirable. Excel uses spaces to determine data ranges, and an empty line in the wrong place prevents many integrated functions. Fortunately, there is an easy way to delete empty lines from a data area, but this simple technique has the potential to destroy the data, so you should be careful.
How to delete several lines in Excel?
Deleting rows or columns from the context menu
- First select a row of rows or columns and right-click.
- Then select “Delete rows” or “Delete columns” accordingly.
- You can also select rows or columns and click on Layout.
- Then select “Delete” and select “Delete columns” or “Delete rows”.
Delete lines in Excel by cell color
The filter option allows you to sort your data by cell color. This allows you to delete all lines that contain a specific background color.
- Apply filters to your table. In Excel, go to the Data tab and click on the Filter icon.
- Click on the small arrow next to the name of the desired column, go to Filter by color and choose the correct cell color. Click OK and you will see all the selected cells at the top.
- Select the filtered colored cells, right-click them and choose Delete Line from the menu.
- That’s it, that’s it! Lines with cells of the same color are removed in no time.
Delete several lines by selecting entire lines.
1. Select the number of lines you want to delete.
Note: In this example, we delete three lines (lines 2, 3 and 4). To select entire lines, click and drag the first line number down until you reach the number of lines you want to delete, or select the first cell of the line, hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and press the right mouse button, then release the Ctrl key (press the Shift key) and hold down the Shift key to select the number of lines you want to delete.
2. Right-click anywhere in one of the selected lines and click Delete.
Deleting multiple lines with the ribbon option
1. Select the cells from which you want to delete rows.
Note: In this example, we delete three lines (lines 2, 3 and 4). You can select several cells on separate rows and columns (for example, B4, E7, G9), by deleting rows 4, 7 and 9.
2. select the Home tab.
3. in the Cells group, click on Delete.
4. click on Delete the line from the sheet.
Excel is a perfect tool for storing data that changes from time to time. However, updating your table after a few changes can take a long time. The task can be as simple as deleting all empty lines in Excel. Or you may need to find and delete duplicate data. One thing we are sure of is that every time details arrive or leave, you look for the best solution to save time on work in progress.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.