Last Updated on February 12, 2020
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
A multitude of scandals concerning privacy, misinformation, tax practices and all sorts of other questionable topics have caused Facebook to lose the trust of many of its users. If you’re one of them – or if you’re just tired of spending so much time on Facebook, or if you’re bored with constant updates on the status of old friends whose lives you’ve moved on to – they’ll tell you how to delete Facebook.
First, you need to decide which of the two ways to take your Facebook account offline.
If you want to delete your Facebook account, here are some important things to consider:
Facebook delays deletion for a few days after the request. If you log in during the grace period, the deletion will be cancelled.
Once deleted, you will no longer be able to access your Facebook account.
It can take up to 90 days to delete your data stored in backup systems.
I just want to deactivate my account, but how do I do that?
Ah, so you’ve chosen the least scary option. To temporarily deactivate your Facebook account, simply log in to your profile on the desktop and follow these steps:
- Click on the down arrow in the account menu in the upper right corner of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “General” in the left column
- Click on “Manage your account”.
- Click on “Deactivate your account” and confirm your decision.
If you decide that you cannot live without Facebook, you can reactivate your account by logging in to Facebook and your entire profile will be reactivated.
To permanently delete your Facebook account
NOTE: It may be a good idea to download a copy of your information before completely deleting your Facebook profile. For more information on how to do this, see the next section.
If you’ve thought about it and are ready to leave Facebook forever, here’s what you need to do to permanently delete your account :
Go to your settings page. You can also click the arrow in the upper right corner and access your settings from there :
- On the left side, you’ll find a list of settings. Click on your Facebook Info > Delete your account and information :
- A page will appear with suggestions on how to deactivate your account or download your information. If you are not interested in any of these options, click Delete Account :
- You will be prompted to enter your password. Do this and then click Next :
- And that’s it! If you wish to cancel the deletion, you have 30 days to log into your account and click Cancel Deletion. Otherwise, you only have to wait a month before your Facebook account is permanently deleted.
If you’ve ever tried to delete a Facebook account, you probably remember an unnecessarily confusing process that involves a lot of back and forth between the Help Center and well hidden settings. This is no longer the case, as Facebook has made it much easier to close your account in just a few simple steps.
Plus, you no longer have to worry about accidental logins that automatically cancel the deletion process.
With this, you have officially closed your connection to Facebook. This makes your night’s sleep a little easier, knowing that your privacy is now much more secure.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.