RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The first users of Windows 10 will certainly know that Fluent Design has gradually evolved to Windows 10, and each new feature update brings new optimizations, including acrylic on the login screen.
Acrylic is an essential element of Fluent design because it creates the blur effect in the background both in Windows 10 and in applications, but it usually comes with other visual effects such as reveal.
The acrylic implementation on the login screen became available with the release of Windows 10 version 1809 (updated October 2018) and will be offered from that date in all updates of the operating system features, including the next version 1903, also called 19H1.
With the release of version 18298, you can disable this feature because it is associated with the transparency effect. Once you have made the taskbar and Start menu opaque, this function will automatically make the image on the login screen clear. In addition, the deployment of version 18312 introduces a new group policy option that allows you to disable this acrylic effect on the login screen. So let’s dive into the methods to make the background image of the login screen clear.
To display the connection background without blurring under Windows 10
Disable the Blurred Login Screen with the Registry.
Since anyone can do it with the Registry Editor, let’s start with him.
- Open the registry editor and copy Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System into the search bar.
- Right-click on the right side and click New > DWORD Value (32 bits). Name this new DWORD DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon.
- Double-click on the newly created DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon and change the data value to 1.
- Restart or disconnect and reconnect.
Disable the blur effect on the background of the login screen in the local group policy editor
- Simultaneously press Win + R on your keyboard and type: gpedit.msc
- Press the Enter key.
- The Group Policy Editor opens. Go to Computer Configuration Administrative Templates System Logon. Select the Policy option Clear connection background option.
- Restart Windows 10.
Disable the background blur of the login screen in the Settings App.
- Open the Application Settings
- Go to the Customize Settings group.
- Choose the Color tab page.
- Disable transparency effects by disabling the switch.
This disables the acrylic effect throughout the operating system, including the login screen.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.