RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Logitech Download Assistant is a software developed by Logitech that is used to detect new updates when Windows starts up. It allows you to automatically download and install new updates for your keyboards and mice. However, this display every time you start Windows is annoying for many users. Uninstalling and disabling this feature does not change anything about your Logitech devices because it is only a utility for updates.
Remove the Logitech Download Assistant Key from the registry.
- To ensure that the Logitech Download Assistant is completely removed from Windows startup, delete the Logitech registry key. To do this, first open Run with Windows + keyboard shortcut R.
- Type’regedit’ in the Run text box and press OK.
- Then type Computer\HKEY_LOKAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run’ in the text box of the Registry Editor path as shown in the next snapshot.
- Right-click the Logitech Download Assistant button and select Delete.
Disabling or deleting the Logitech Download Assistant
- Go to “Start” at the bottom left and right-click on “Computer”.
- Navigate to “Manage” and from there to the Device Manager.
- The Logitech input is located under HID (Human Interface devices).
- Open the context menu with the right mouse button and go to “Properties”.
- Go to the “Driver” tab and select “Uninstall”. A check mark should appear on the next screen and ask if you also want to delete the files from the player.
- Select this option. This will prevent Windows from reinstalling this software in combination with step 1.
- Then right-click on the name of your computer at the top of all devices in the Device Manager and select “Check for hardware changes”.
Disabling the Logitech Download Assistant in Start Mode
This is the easiest way to prevent Logitech Download Assistant from opening each time the system is started. Sometimes, the application receives the default boot option without informing you. The Task Manager Start tab shows you all the applications listed to start your computer. You can disable the LDA application for a start from the Task Manager by following these steps.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R to open Run, type taskmgr in the text box, then click OK to open the Task Manager.
- Select the Start tab and locate the Logitech Download Assistant, right-click and select Disable.
- Restart and check whether the LDA is still displayed at startup or not.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.