Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Skype is built into Outlook.com Webmail and allows you to chat with contacts without installing the Skype desktop client. In addition to sending instant messages, files and photos, you can also make video or voice calls by installing the Skype Web plug-in for your web browser. To access Skype from Outlook.com, simply click the talk icon in the top right corner of your browser screen. You’ll be automatically connected and your contacts will appear in seconds. By clicking the icon in your profile you can change your status from available to absent, not disturbing or invisible.
Disable Skype in Outlook.com
To disable the Skype application online in Outlook.com, follow these steps:
1. Log in to Outlook.com and then click the message icon at the top of Outlook.com to activate the Skype area.
2 In the Skype section, do the following:
(1) Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner;
(2) Click here to highlight the notification;
(3) Go to the Notifications section and disable all notification options one by one.
Disable Skype notification from Outlook.com
To disable Skype notification tones, open Outlook.com or OneDrive in your web browser, click the Skype button at the top (the one with an email icon) and click the Settings button at the bottom. In the Settings pane that appears, select Notifications (this is the default value). You will see a new option here called “Sound: Enable or disable notification sounds”. Just turn it off.
Disable Skype via the HOSTS file
Outlook automatically connects to a number of Skype hostnames. Each system has the HOSTS file, it assigns the hostname to an IP address. Therefore, if you want to block Skype for Outlook, you need to assign its hostname to a fake IP address.
- Open Notepad from the Start menu with administrator privileges.
- Go to the File menu and select Open. Go to the location “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”. And select the option “All files”.
- Now open the HOSTS file with . At the end of the file, add “0.0.0.0.swx.cdn.cdn.cdn.cdn.skype.com”. Then press CTRL+S to save the file to the same location.
- Now close all open windows and restart your browser to apply all changes correctly. From now on your Skype will disappear from the Outlook.com window.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.