RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Cool videos are found every day in Facebook feeds. If you’ve always wanted to download someone you loved but didn’t know how, this guide is for you. It can be a message posted by a friend or family member, a message posted by a site you like, or even a video ad.
Facebook does not make this process obvious or particularly easy, but it is possible to download Facebook videos on PC, iOS and Android without using malware.
Download Facebook videos directly to your laptop without using an application or service.
(Note that the following instructions apply to Chrome, but are very similar for other browsers.)
To store these FB videos on your laptop or PC:
- Go to the message with the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video and select “Copy URL of video at current time”.
- Paste the URL in the address bar of your browser, it should look like this: https://www.facebook.com/…/videos/12345…9/…/videos/12345…9//
- Replace “www.” with “m.”, i. e. https://m.facebook.com/…/videos/12345…9/…/videos/12345…9/
- Press Enter
- Playing the video
- You must now open the Developer Console (Alt Option + Cmd + J).
- Check the video element using the icon at the top left of the Developer Console (you can also switch it by pressing Shift + Cmd + Cmd + Cmd + Cmd + C).
- Click on the video and you will see a box on the Developer Console. Copy the URL of the video and paste it into another tab. Press Enter.
- Finally, right-click on the video and click Save Video As.
- Name your video something exciting, sexual (or stupid) and press Enter.
As mentioned earlier, Google Chrome’s instructions are very similar to those of Edge, Internet Explorer (you always use that?!), Opera and Firefox.
Using a third-party application to download Facebook videos
A third-party application is the best choice if you frequently download videos. The Facebook extension allows you to store videos, but does not allow users to download videos to their PC. We can use a video uploader to upload any Facebook video without any problem. There are many applications that can help you download Facebook videos. We use the ones we have successfully tested to download Facebook videos.
- Go to the official Gihosoft TubeGet page and download the software.
- Install the software from the downloaded file and open it.
- Open the Facebook video you want to download in one of the browsers. Copy the URL link from the video page.
- Now go back to Gihosoft TubeGet and click on the “Insert + URL” button to insert the Facebook video link.
- A new window will open with different quality options for videos. Select your choice and click on the Download button.
- The video will start to be downloaded and after downloading, you will find it in your System Videos folder.
Using a website or online extension
There are many online sites that allow you to download a Facebook video without adding unnecessary software to your computer.
FBDown.net is a simple solution. Add the URL of the video copied above, paste it and click on Download.
KeepVid is another simple option. Same instructions as above!
GetFVid is for those times when you need to record a Facebook video that will be shared with a private group. And it’s easy!
1. go to the Facebook video you want to download.
2. press’CTRL + U’ or right-click anywhere on the video and select’Show source page’ for’show the source page in a new window’.
3. copy and paste the page source into GetFVid
Let us know if this guide has helped you or how we can improve it in the comments!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.