RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
YouTube users often sort video clips and group them into thematic playlists. It’s very convenient to watch the videos you’re interested in in one place.
A lot of interesting and current information on YouTube is grouped into playlists and channels. Because it is very convenient for YouTube users. But what if you want to watch it offline? Here’s a short tutorial that shows you how to download and save all the videos in a YouTube playlist or channel in the best possible quality (4K, HD, HQ, whatever).
Download Youtube Playlist Using VLC Media Player
Many people have already installed the VLC media player because it is one of the best media players available. VLC is a cross-platform video program that you can use on Windows, Mac, Linux and other operating systems. VLC can play most multimedia formats and even your DVDs, CDs, etc. It’s a versatile media player with lots of tricks in its pocket!
One of VLC’s tricks is that it is able to download media from streaming sites for later viewing offline. The disadvantage is that you have to save each track manually, but nevertheless VLC works for you on the entire playlist. Learn how to download videos and other media from streaming sites like YouTube:
- Open the VLC Media Player and select Media from the top menu.
- Select Network Streams.
- Copy the URL of the playlist from YouTube, paste it into the Network Streams field, and select Play.
- Select Tools and Codec Information. The first video should always play in the background.
- Copy the data into the Location field below.
- Paste this location data into a tab in the browser and press Enter. The video should now play in your browser.
- Right-click anywhere in the browser window and select “Save As”.
- VLC will then download each video in the playlist to your computer in turn. You will need to follow steps 4 to 7 for each track, but that’s all you need to do, although you may need to be patient. Depending on the number of tracks in the playlist, the download process may take some time.
Using the VLC Media Player is by far the most reliable way to upload a complete playlist to YouTube, even if you can’t download the entire playlist at once. Many of us already have a VLC. It’s a known quantity and we know it works.
If you don’t want to use VLC, there’s another way to download a playlist without having to save every song, even if it’s a bit cumbersome.
Use Free Online Youtube Video Download Tools
There are many tools available online that can be downloaded and used free of charge at the time of writing. Choose from the best available on the web today. We recommend that you test them one by one to find the one that best suits your specific needs.
How to find other YouTube Playlists Containing the Videos you Want
Playlists are usually grouped by topic, such as this adorable animal playlist or this Kanye West music video playlist.
If you want to find more playlists in the:
- Enter the user’s channel.
- Click PLAYLISTS to select the playlist you want.
- Click VIEW FULL PLAYLIST to view all videos in that playlist.
You can find the playlist you want more precisely, then use “FILTER” in YouTube. For example, search for “Kanye West”, use “FILTER” to select the type of “Playlist” and sort the playlist by relevance, upload date, number or rating to help you find the playlist you want more precisely.
If you know of another YouTube program that allows free downloading of playlists, please let us know in the comments.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.