Last Updated on October 30, 2019
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft has introduced a new security feature called Tamper Protection, which protects Windows Defender Antivirus security settings against malware or third-party programs.
If this option is enabled, the Windows Defender settings can only be changed if you do so in the Windows Security Settings screen. If a program, such as malware, or even PowerShell tries to change Microsoft Defender’s security settings or settings, tamper protection blocks the settings.
For this reason, tamper protection is an integral part of the Windows 10 securityenvironment and should be enabled by all users for increased security and protection against malware.
To enable tamper protection
This setting is included in the Windows security application.
- To open it, search for Windows security in your Start menu and click the Windows Security link, double-click the Windows Security Shield icon in your notification area (system tray), or go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security.
- You may be asked to enable tamper protection. You can simply click on Activate to activate it.
- Otherwise, click on the anti-virus and anti-threat icon in the form of a shield.
- Under Virus and Threat Protection Settings, click on the Manage Settings link.
- Locate the anti-piracy setting and click on the button to change it from Off to On.
- If you want to disable tamper protection in the future – we don’t know why, but this may be a problem – you can disable it from here.
- This parameter can also be activated from the register. It is under the following button:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Characteristics
- Protection against manipulation is a DWORD value here. Set it to “0” to disable tamper protection, or to “5” to enable tamper protection.
To disable Windows security tamper protection
To disable the anti-piracy feature of Windows 10, do the following:
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click on the top result to open the experience.
- Click on Antivirus and Threat Protection.
- In the Virus and Threat Protection section, click Manage Settings.
- Switch off the toggle switch for burglary protection.
- Once the steps are completed, you can change the Windows security settings using command lines or another application.
If you have discovered an error or would like to give your opinion on this article, please use the following section to rate and comment on the article.
This is an invaluable value for us, as we constantly strive to provide our customers with the best possible information.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.