Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
0x80070404c8 issues can occur due to incorrectly configured system files in your Windows operating system. And it’s easy to see that your current application slows down and delays response times. More importantly, if you run several programs simultaneously, your PC will suddenly crash and freeze unexpectedly. The main reasons for problems with 0x800704c8 are boot congestion, recording errors, RAM regression, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations.
The problem with these Windows error codes is insidious. This may be antivirus software installed on the Hyper-V host. The real-time scanning component of the antivirus software can be configured to monitor files on the Hyper-V VM (VHD) virtual hard disk.
The error message is similar to this:
The server encountered an error while configuring memory on the New Virtual Machine. Wizard Failed in rolling back the created virtual machine. Please delete it manually afterwards.
Failed to add device ‘Microsoft Synthetic Ethernet Port’
The Virtual Machines configuration GUID at ‘C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V’ is no longer accessible: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open. (0x800704C8)
Scanning computer with third-party antivirus software
This can be caused by antivirus or anti-spyware software that scans the file at the same time as the download, so disable it and check that it is being deleted.
Checking for missing or corrupted files
Run System File Checker:
- To execute the command, open the high command prompt by entering it in the Find window, right-click on Command prompt, and choose Run as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow at the command prompt and wait for the verification process to end successfully.
Chkdsk fixes many inconsistencies with the operating system. System errors can also be fixed with this tool. To start it,
- Open the command prompt by entering it in the search box, and when you see the result in the list, right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Your system might say that you can’t run it right now because you’re still processing data, and will ask you if you want to run it before the next start, just click y for yes, then exit the screen and restart the computer.
- Once the computer is restarted, you will see a control disk outside Windows, just let it finish until it gives you a report on what has been found, repaired or marked.
- Exit the window and restart your computer normally.
Exclude these directories from the Antivirus scans
To solve this problem, configure the real-time scanning component of your antivirus software to exclude the following directories and files:
• Default virtual machine configuration directory (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V)
• Custom virtual machine configuration directories
• Default virtual hard disk drive directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks)
• Custom virtual hard disk drive directories
• Snapshot directories
• Vmms.exe (Note: May have to be configured as process exclusions within the antivirus software)
• Vmwp.exe (Note: May have to be configured as process exclusions within the antivirus software)
Additionally, when you use Live Migration together with Cluster Shared Volumes on Windows Server 2008 R2, exclude the CSV path “C:\Clusterstorage” and all its subdirectories.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.