Last Updated on September 19, 2018
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You may receive error 85010014 or 0x850101010014 when synchronizing with Outlook. This problem only affects devices that use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center.
This error code indicates a problem with Microsoft Outlook. This problem can be solved by ensuring that the host Exchange server is updated with the latest updates and service packs.
For users of Nokia Lumia series phones running Windows OS and facing a problem with Outlook or the old Hotmail where new emails are not updated and when users open their emails, the error shown in the figure below – error code: 85010014 is displayed.
This error code is seen by many users of the Windows operating system with Lumia 520, 525, 720, 920, 1020, etc. when they try to access Outlook.
Log in and change your PC password:
- From your computer, go to Outlook.com.
- Log in to the account you used on your Windows device.
- Once you have logged into your account from your PC, use your Windows device to connect to your account.
- You can receive “Your password is expired”, simply re-enter the password you used or replace it with a new one.
- Then go to your Windows device and log into your Outlook account with the new password.
Check the email settings:
- Go to Settings, then scroll down to Email Settings.
- Click on Email + Accounts
- Open a Microsoft account
- Scroll down and click on the server settings.
- Make sure that the servers listed are m.hotmail.com or bay-m.hotmail.com.
- If you see other links at this point, change them to m.hotmail.com, then save the settings and return to the login page.
Check the Outlook settings:
1. Save all your data in a local .pst file.
2. In Outlook, click on Help Detect & Repair – Click on OK.
3. Complete the detection and repair process.
4. If all your data is present, then don’t worry about recovery, otherwise, restore everything from your backup.pst in step 1.
5. Remove the activeync partnership from the phone and PC.
6. Create a new partnership and synchronize.
If you have corrected your Microsoft Outlook 85010014 error using one of the methods above, please let us know in the comments below.
Some things to keep in mind when solving problems like this, reinstallation is usually a bad choice because installation information is stored in the registry and not deleted during uninstallation. If there is no clear evidence of damage or deleted files, uninstallation is usually not productive.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.