RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Adobe Error 16 is a common error that occurs with Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) or Adobe CS (Creative Suite) applications. This error can occur if you launch one of the Adobe CC or CS applications, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Reader, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Lightroom, etc. If this error occurs, the Adobe application you started crashes and the Adobe Error 16 error message appears.
The Adobe Error 16 error may prevent you from running your favorite Adobe applications, and when we talk about this error, here are some similar problems reported by users:
- Adobe Error 16 Please uninstall and reinstall the product – This error can sometimes occur when you try to run some Adobe applications. In this case, completely remove the problematic application and reinstall it.
- Adobe 16 Windows 10, 8.1, 7 Error – This error can occur on any version of Windows, and older versions such as Windows 8.1 and 7 are no exception. Even if you are not using Windows 10, you should be able to apply almost all of our solutions to older versions of Windows.
- Error 16 Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CC – Many users have reported this problem in applications such as Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro. If you encounter this problem, try running the applications as an administrator and see if it can help you.
- Adobe Reader, Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD Error 16 – This error can sometimes occur in applications such as Reader, After Effects and XD. In this case, try creating an SLStore directory and see if it solves the problem.
Manually remove the following folders
> C:\Program Files\Adobe*
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe*
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe*
> /Library/Application Support/Adobe*
Run Adobe applications with administrator privileges
If your user account does not have administrator rights, Adobe error 16 may appear. Here’s a simple way to find out if running Adobe Application works with administrator privileges:
Step 1: Right-click on the icon if you want to run the Adobe application.
Step 2: Right-click on the Run as Administrator option in the context menu.
If the Adobe 16 error does not appear and you can run the program successfully, it was a permission issue. You can launch the Adobe application in the same way as described in the steps above. To give it a permanent solution, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Right-click on the Adobe Applications icon and right-click on Properties in the menu.
Step 2: In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box “Run this program as administrator”.
Click Ok to apply the changes. The Adobe program opens with administrator rights every time you open it now. You can do the same process for other Adobe applications that display the Adobe Error 16 error when opening.
Restoring permissions in license folders
The following instructions will help you set permissions for Adobe PCD and SLStore folders in Windows 10. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open a File Explorer window.
- Click on the View tab, then on Options.
- Disable the Sharing Wizard (recommended) option at the bottom of the Advanced Settings section.
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Click on Ok.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.