RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Sometimes Avast Cleanup Premium or Avast Antivirus reports that the user interface could not be loaded. This is really annoying … what prevents the entire program from running. This issue can be caused by conflicts with the configuration of Windows services.
Make sure the appropriate Windows services are set to start automatically, or reinstall the product by following the steps in this article.
What does it mean when Avast reports it failed to load the user interface?
It’s all about the name; The “Failed to load Avast Antivirus user interface” error is related to certain issues in the configuration of Windows services that prevented Avast from starting correctly. Users of AVG antivirus reported a similar error.
Causes Avast UI to fail loading:
There are many reasons for this error, some of which are listed below:
· Remote Access Services may not work on your computer. With these remote access services, a user can access another system through a virtual network. It looks like Avast is using this service and if something goes wrong, it stops working.
· Avast installation may be damaged. In many cases, the files are damaged or missing.
· Third party software interferes with the Avast software.
A quick guide to troubleshooting a faulty user interface:
- Press Windows Key + R at the same time, type “services.msc” and click “OK”.
- Locate Remote Desktop Services, right-click and select Properties.
- On the General tab, change Manual to Automatic, then click Apply.
- Restart your computer and launch Avast antivirus software.
The above update may have fixed the Avast error on your system. However, if the error persists, you need to resort to a repair method.
STEP 1. Go to Control Panel> Settings> Programs> Programs and Features.
STEP 2. Select Avast and click the Uninstall / Change button.
STEP 3: Then click “Change” and select “Restore”.
STEP 4. Finally, wait for the Avast software to repair the program and make the necessary changes.
After the repair process is complete, restart your computer. It’s worth noting that Avast Software has officially fixed the UI loading bug in the latest versions of the program.
Uninstall and reinstall Avast
If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall Avast.
To uninstall Avast,
- Open Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- Select Avast Free Antivirus and click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and restart your computer when prompted.
Download and install Avast to check if the error persists. In most cases, the Avast user interface will load.
Note. If you receive this error after uninstalling Avast, please ignore it and restart your computer.
In this blog, we discussed that Avast UI loading issue has not been resolved. I hope this helps you. If in doubt, call our team of experts to resolve the issue.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.