RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Code Vein hangs on your computer by accident? You are not alone! This is reported by many players. But the good news is that you can fix it. Here is a list of solutions that have proven to be useful for many users.
Common reasons for the game hangs include hardware problems, incompatible drivers, corrupted game files or overheating. Also, if you have several programs running on your computer at the same time, which exhaust your resources, you are likely to have a problem with the hanging. If you don’t know how to deal with this, see the fixes below.
Check the system requirements for the code vein
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 10 (64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Video card: GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card or built-in chipset
- Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
- Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 10 (64 bits)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 or AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 380X
- DirectX: version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card or built-in chipset
Check the integrity of the game files
When one of the Code Vein files is corrupted / damaged, a hanging problem occurs. Let’s check Coe Vein files integrity.
- After opening the “Steam” client, click “Library”.
- Right-click “Code Vein” and select “Properties”.
- Click the LOCAL Files tab.
- Then click “TEST OPERATION OF PLAYER FILES”.
- Wait until Steam has finished the process. If Steam has any problems with the files, it will fix them.
- Now restart the “code stream”.
Update your graphics driver
A Code Vein freezing or crashing problem most often occurs when you use the wrong graphics driver or the driver is out of date. Therefore updating the graphics driver should always be your first choice if you have problems with the game.
Run Code Vein on behalf of the administrator
Code Vein may not have access to some of the game files on your computer in user mode, which can lead to hanging. To see if this is a problem for you, try running the game as an administrator to give it a high level of access. This is how it is done:
1) If you are currently using Steam, right-click the Steam icon in the system tray and select “Exit”.
2) Right-click the Steam icon and select “Run as administrator”.
3) Click Yes.
4) Restart Code Vein from Steam.
Close the unwanted background programs
All unnecessary applications such as Chrome, OneDrive and/or Discord consume background resources.
- Start the game.
- Press the ALT and TAB keys simultaneously to collapse the game.
- Open the “Run” command by pressing “Windows + R” or typing in the Windows search box, then typing “taskmgr” and pressing Enter.
- Try to find processes in the Task Manager window that may be resource-intensive or in conflict with the game. Right-click on the process and select “Complete the task”.
- Repeat the process for all other resource-intensive or conflicting processes. Repeat the process until none of the processes becomes resource-intensive or conflicts with the game.
Now restart Code Vein and see if the problem is solved.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.