Last Updated on November 17, 2020
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Deceit is a multiplayer first person shooter that will test your instincts. As a player, you wake up in a shelter to the sound of an unfamiliar voice surrounded by five people.
You find that a third of your group is infected with a virus. The only question is: who will run away?
Cheating is a challenging and fun game, but players report that it is also affected by various technical issues.
Luckily, the game’s developers have posted a helpful article that explains how to fix the most common cheating errors that players can face.
Replace local saved files
How to fix this problem on PC:
• Close the Uplay application.
Open the taskbar by clicking the small arrow to the right of the taskbar and make sure the client is not running in the background.
• Back up the storage folder by copying it to a safe location and then deleting it.
You can find the folder in the following locations:
Uplay or Epic game launcher
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ \ 635
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ \ 1843
• Start Uplay in ADMINISTRATOR MODE and disable the CLOUD SAVING option.
• Beginning of the game.
• Set up an in-game operator load and complete the situation so that an auto save can be created.
• Exit the game and reactivate the CLOUD SAVING OPTIONS.
• Restart cheating.
You should be prompted for what storage you want to use. Select the local storage option. This will also update the cloud storage.
Install the latest drivers
Sometimes problems with Deceit and other games can occur if your drivers are out of date. Problems are usually caused by video card drivers. So please update them first.
You can download the required drivers by simply visiting the video card manufacturer’s website and searching for your model.
However, sometimes other drivers can cause this problem. To fix this problem, it is recommended that you update all other outdated drivers.
Authorize the game through your system’s antivirus / firewall
Your system’s antivirus and firewalls play a critical role in protecting your system and your data. You may encounter this error when the game was unable to contact its servers due to being blocked by antivirus / firewall applications. Due to this, temporarily disabling your antivirus / firewall applications or allowing the game through antivirus / firewall applications may fix the problem.
Warning: Do this at your own risk as disabling or adding exceptions in the antivirus / firewall application may expose your system to threats such as viruses, Trojans, etc.
- Disable your antivirus software temporarily.
- Disable your firewall. Make sure Windows Defender is not taking over your antivirus / firewall role. If so, turn it off or allow games through Windows Defender. Also check your antivirus quarantine for game related files.
- If you enable the game through security applications, you will need to add the following file (where C is your system drive):
- C: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Deceit \ bin \ win_x64 \ Deceit.exe
- Then make sure there are no bugs in the game (and hopefully, too).
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.