RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you are using Dell peripherals, including computers and laptops, you can download and install Dell applications to optimize your Windows computer. One of these applications is the Dell Support Center or Dell SupportAssist. What is the purpose of this software? The Dell Support Center or Dell SupportAssist will check the hardware and software status of your system. When a problem is detected, the necessary system status information is sent to Dell to begin troubleshooting. Dell will contact you to begin discussing how to solve the problem and prevent it from becoming costly. If you are an experienced user, you do not need this software.
Some users have recommended problems with the Dell Support Center. One symptom is a pop-up window that appears every 5, 10, 15 minutes or more often. In this article we will show you how to remove this software and the annoying pop-up.
The reasons why the Dell support team may not respond
The following paragraphs discuss some possible reasons that may prevent Dell SupportAssist from working in Windows.
- This problem may occur if the files associated with Dell SupportAssist or Dell Support Center are damaged in any way.
- If the current version of your operating system is not compatible with a particular Dell driver, SupportAssist may encounter this problem.
- If the Dell Support Center has been temporarily shut down due to an incorrect update installation, it may cause Dell SupportAssist to stop.
- Any malware or possible virus infection on your Dell laptop may also interrupt service and stop the Support Center.
- Users may also encounter a Dell Support Assist error that does not work in Windows 10 if there is a software conflict with other Windows applications.
- If your Dell device is running an outdated version of Windows, this can cause serious problems. Lack of necessary updates may temporarily disable the Dell Support Center or Dell SupportAssist.
- Some users may encounter this error when using an older version of Dell Support Assist. However, many customers have similar bugs due to the current version of SupportAssist. Therefore, it can only be related to hardware and software configuration settings of Dell computers running Windows.
Remove the previous version of Dell Support Center
To uninstall it, follow these steps.
- Select “Start”.
- Select “Programs and components”.
- Right-click on Dell Support Center.
- Select “Delete”.
- Reboot the system to save your changes.
A number of services are required to install the Dell Support Center.
Follow these steps and make sure that the services required for the Dell Support Center are running.
- Click “Windows + R” to launch the launch window.
- Type “Services.msc” in the launch window and press Enter.
- Right-click each service mentioned below and select “Properties”. Set the launch type from the pop-up menu to “Automatic” and click “Start”. Click “Apply” to save your changes.
Services to be activated:
- Install Windows.
- WMI (Windows Management Toolkit).
Update the Dell Support Assist
Dell Support Assist is an intelligent technology that ensures uninterrupted operation of your computer. You can try to update Dell Support Assist to the latest version to fix the “Dell Support Center stopped working” error. Consequently:
- Start your browser and go to this site.
- Click the Download Support Assist button to switch the download of the application.
- After downloading, run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of Dell Support Assist on your computer.
- Check to see if this solves the problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.