RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you see an error that contains 30068 when you try to install Office, try the following to fix this error. We have listed the most common solutions first, so try them in the right order.
Error code 30068 is common when you install the Office application on your computer. To correct this error, we have provided you with a common solution. You must first try these methods, so you can always ask us for help. These solutions can also be used to fix these bugs.
Check if the service is disabled.
- Press the Windows Start key in Windows 8 and Windows 10 + R to open Run.
- In the Run window, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Services window, scroll down to find the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service.
- Check the Status column. If the status is Off, right-click on it and select Properties.
Note: If the status does not appear Disabled, proceed to the next section, Uninstalling and Reinstalling Office.
In the General tab, in the Start-up Type drop-down list, select Manual or Automatic. Click Apply, then click OK.
Reinstall Office by following the steps under Download and install or reinstall Office on a PC.
Use the Repair tool
Perform the following steps to execute the repair tool to correct the error.
- Open the control panel with Start.
- Click on Programs, then select Programs and Features.
- Click on the Office product you want to repair.
- Click on Edit.
- Select Quick Repair, then click Repair. If the quick repair did not resolve error code 30068-4 (3), select Online repair and click Repair.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Office
If nothing else works, you can uninstall and reinstall Office at any time. Download the Microsoft Office uninstall tool from Microsoft. Run it and it will remove any incomplete Office installation and any unwanted files. It completely removes all Office applications and settings from your PC. The same solution can be applied if you receive an error code 30068-4 (3) when you install Office.
If the uninstaller fails with an error indicating that the Office installation is missing, check if an Office installation is in progress. You must either complete it or uninstall it manually. This error is mainly due to Microsoft Project and Viso. Uninstall them and try the uninstaller.
- Click on the Start button and type “cmd”.
- Open the command prompt and type “SFC/SCANNOW” PRESS,
- The scanning starts and takes some time. Please wait until the results are obtained.
You are still confronted with error code 30068, call us at our toll-free number and speak to one of our certified technicians who will help you correct the error.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.