RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You can buy Minecraft directly from Mojang, but sometimes it doesn’t work. Sometimes users get a pop-up message – an error when ordering. If you have this problem, this article will help you.
Since errors in payment may appear at different stages of the order and are caused by a number of reasons, they are often difficult to find. If you can’t make a purchase, follow these steps to solve your problem.
Minecraft is currently one of the largest games in the world and belongs to Microsoft. The software giant bought the developer of the game Mojang for a huge 2.5 billion dollars in 2014, but this amount is negligible compared to 7.5 billion dollars that the company has spent on Zenimax. / Eating Bethesda.
Since its acquisition, Microsoft has improved the game and even released new games under the brand name Minecraft. It’s even a movie in production that has to be released at some point, although there’s nothing definitive as the first planned movie was cancelled earlier.
Now we have a problem with people who have problems buying Minecraft on the official website. This is a problem that occurs from time to time. So there’s nothing new about it.
Try using another device or browser to make a purchase.
Your browser may interfere with your purchase of Minecraft because some browsers do not work with other websites. So we recommend that you use a different browser.
To update your web browser, follow these steps:
- Run Google Chrome.
- Click on the menu button. This is the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go for help.
- Click About Google Chrome.
- On the next screen, check if a new version of Google Chrome is available. In this case, it should be updated automatically.
- After installing the new version, restart your browser.
- Try again and make sure that the problem has been solved.
If this doesn’t work, you can also try to use another device to buy it. This could solve the problem.
Buy from the Windows 10 Store
If you are trying to buy a game to play on a computer with Windows 10, you have another option – buy Minecraft, which is likely to bypass the appearance of “error order placement.
As some affected users have confirmed, you can avoid the error in Windows 10 by buying instead through the Windows Store. This way, the transaction goes through another payment processor that can be used to bypass the error.
Note. If you are not using Windows 10, you can also buy the game through Steam.
If you are using Windows 10, follow the instructions below to purchase Minecraft directly from the Microsoft Store:
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Start dialog box. Then type “ms – windows – store:” in the “Run” field and press Enter to open the Microsoft Store homepage.
- Once you are on the Microsoft Store home screen, use the search function (top right corner) to search for “Minecraft”.
- Then, in the results list, click the version of Minecraft you want to get and then click “Buy”. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase using the Microsoft Store embedded payment processor.
- When the purchase is complete, wait until the download is complete and then run the game as normal.
Choose another payment method.
Please note that you have several payment options. Your options depend on the country you live in. Choose a purchase using another payment method and see if it will solve the error.
Contact Minecraft support team.
If you are sure that the problem is not on your side, contact Minecraft Support. They can investigate the problem and help you complete the purchase of the game.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.