RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
In today’s article, we will determine the cause and then prescribe a possible solution to the Event ID 219 error when you connect a device to a Windows 10 computer. When a device is connected to a Windows 10 computer, a kernel PNP ID 219 warning event can be recorded in the system log with the DriverFrameworks Usage Mode ID 10114 event.
The “Driver WudfRd failed to load” error has been reported by most users who have upgraded their computer to Windows 10. The error has the event ID 219 and its source is Kernel-PnP. This problem is therefore also known as error 219.
Typically, the “Event ID 219 – Could not load wudfrd driver” error is caused by an incorrect device driver on your computer. You can easily fix it by solving the driver problem on your computer.
Once this error occurs, you will receive a warning in the system log every time you start the computer. As shown in the following screenshot, you can see the description of error 219 in the Event Viewer: The WudfRd driver could not be loaded for the device.
Find the defective driver manually and update it via the Device Manager.
With this method, you must first find the faulty driver.
1) On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows logo key + the R key to open an execution box. Then type devmgmt.msc in the field and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
2) In the Device Manager pop-up window, expand each dialog box to see which driver is highlighted in yellow. The driver with the yellow mark means that it is behaving incorrectly.
3) Right-click on the yellow highlighted driver and select Update Driver or something similar.
4) Click Check driver software update automatically.
Reinstall the USB controller
Press the Windows key and X at any time, the context menu appears, select Device Manager. Click on the USB controllers to expand them, and right-click on each of them to uninstall them. When this process is complete, restart your computer. Make sure that the Event Viewer is still recording error 219. If the problems still exist, use the following method.
Enable the Windows Driver Foundation Service
Windows Driver Foundation is an essential service for readers. If the service is disabled, you may receive the error message “Driver WudfRd could not be loaded”. Simply follow these steps to activate it.
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type services.msc in the dialog box and click OK.
Step 2: In the main Services interface, locate the Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service and double-click it to open the Properties window.
Step 3: On the General tab, set the Startup Type to Automatic. Make sure the service has the status Running. If not, you must click the Start button to activate the service. Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Run the Troubleshooter for System Maintenance
- Press the Windows OS4o0pO.png key and the R key to open the runtime box.
- Copy and paste the following into the Run box, then press Enter.
- msdt.exe -id Maintenance Diagnostics
- On the page that opens, click Next and follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.