RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Fitbit occasionally releases free feature enhancements and bug fixes for your device through firmware updates. The Fitbit software used by your mobile device or computer usually automatically updates your device. If you’re having trouble updating your Fitbit device, this guide will walk you through the troubleshooting steps to resolve update issues. and be able to completely upgrade your device.
Fitbit users are experiencing an Update Failed error when trying to update Fitbit devices. This update found a bug that was reported across all versions of the Fitbit device, as well as Windows, macOS, Android and iOS apps. Use the following solution steps to resolve the Fitbit device update error issue.
Having trouble updating your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition?
If you are unable to update your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, check the firmware version of your watch:
- Open the Settings app on your watch> About.
- If the number under version is 184.108.40.206, please connect your watch to the charging cable and connect the charging cable to the USB port of your computer before starting the update.
- Bring your Fitbit device close to your phone or tablet to complete the update.
- After a few days, you will receive a request to update your watch again. At this point, you can update as usual without connecting your watch to your computer.
Reboot your Fitbit device
Step 1. Turn off your Fitbit device and phone.
Step 2: Turn on your Fitbit device and wait until it turns on completely.
Step 3. Turn on your phone and open the Fitbit app to check if the update issue is resolved.
Make sure your Fitbit device is 100% charged.
Update Fitbit from Fitbit.com Dashboard
Updating your Fitbit from the Fitbit.com dashboard is a little more complicated than using the app. You will need a Bluetooth connection to your PC or Mac via built-in Bluetooth or Bluetooth dongle. You will also need the latest Fitbit Connect.
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon next to the date and time on your PC.
- Select “Open Main Menu”.
- Select Check for device updates.
- Sign in to your Fitbit account when prompted.
- If an update is found, Fitbit will update automatically. Otherwise, the screen will indicate that your Fitbit tracker has already been updated.
Update your Fitbit with the Fitbit app
Charge your device and make sure your phone or tablet has the latest version of the Fitbit app before you start updating your Fitbit firmware. Please note that the update can take up to an hour.
- Tap the Today tab.
- Select your profile picture.
- Tap the image of your device.
- Tap the pink update banner that appears on the screen.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and bring your device close to the synced phone or tablet.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.