Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you encounter a disk access error when installing a game via GOG GALAXY, please make sure that your security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc.) does not prevent GOG GALAXY from opening “.exe” files. To do so, make sure that GOG GALAXY is added to the list of trusted applications of the software (white list). How to do this depends on the security software.
Also make sure that you are using an account with administrative privileges and that you have full access to the folder where you want to install the game.
Delete the Galaxy.db File
- Make sure that the GOG galaxy is closed.
- Press win+R to open the Run dialog box. It looks like this.
- Now enter C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Storage and press ok.
- This command opens the folder where the galaxy.db file is located.
- Delete the file.
- Then restart GOG Galaxy.
Galaxy.DB is the GOG Galaxy database file and it may be corrupted. If you delete it, GOG Galaxy will create a new file. In other words, it repairs the database.
Performing a Clean Installation of GOG Galaxy
- The first step is to uninstall GOG Galaxy by running unins000.exe.
- You will find it in the default installation folder, C:\Programs (x86)\GOG Galaxy.
- Show hidden files. In the File Explorer, go to View and select Hidden Files.
- Delete the following folders :
- C:\Users\All Users\GOG.com
- C:\n-Your UserAppData LocalG.comGalaxyConfiguration
- Your user is your account name for Windows.
- After rebooting your system, go to the official GOG Galaxy website and download the latest version.
- You must now run the application as an administrator.
- Right-click it and click Run as administrator.
- Start GOG Galaxy and check if the problem is solved.
Here are the patches that you should check if you encounter installation configuration errors when installing a game in GOG Galaxy.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.