RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Site services under Windows 10 are sometimes reported as being automatically greyed out, either by the operating system or due to the presence of third-party software. As a result of this disruption, the user cannot enable and disable his or her location services or change the associated settings. We will discuss some working methods that you can use to solve this problem under Windows 10.
How to repair site services is grayed out in Windows 10:
Enable location settings
Make sure that the location of this device is set to On under Location Settings.
Follow the steps below:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Press the Windows key, enter Location settings and select Change Location Settings.
- Check that this is the case by clicking on Edit.
- Also activate the location.
* Press Win + R on your keyboard, type regedit in the Run dialog box, then click the OK button.
* Navigate to the location below:
* Right-click on folder 3 and carefully delete it.
* Restart your tablet or computer.
* Press Win + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
* Locate the geolocation services in the right pane. If it receives the deactivated state, double-click Geolocation to open its properties. Switch from disabled to automatic for the start type, click the Start button to start in the background, and then click the Apply > OK button to include the effects. You should now be able to activate the localization service and use Cortana on Windows 10.
Consult some group policies
Checking computer configuration policies:
- Right-click on the Start button at the bottom left.
- Click on Run.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Click on User Configuration on the right side.
- Click on Administrative Templates.
- Click on Windows Components.
- Locate and double-click on Position and sensors.
- Make sure everything is set to Unconfigured. If it has been modified, click on the one that has been modified, double-click on the policy settings on the left, select the Unconfigured check box, then click Apply, then click OK.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.