RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Do you see Modern Setup Host cause a high CPU load on your computer? Or do you see the error that the Modern Setup Host no longer works? Don’t worry about that. You are certainly not alone. We have read everything about Modern Setup Host and what you need to know in this article. Read on and find the answer you are looking for.
Before we continue with the types of bugs and methods that Modern Setup Hos has to offer, we will first understand what it is. If you are only interested in the method itself, you can skip this part directly to the “How to” section.
What is the modern configuration host under Windows 10?
If you look in the folder C:$Windows.BTSources, you will see the Modern Setup Host executable. It is a self-extracting archiving and installation program. In some circumstances, it will be displayed on your computer when it runs the Windows technical preview. The modern configuration host runs in the background when your system detects or installs updates. It also plays an important role in running the installation file for upgrading from a PC to Windows 10.
Like other Windows components, the modern configuration host has a reasonable percentage of problems. Here are the most common problems reported by users:
- Modern installation host with high CPU usage
- Modern configuration The host has stopped working.
In most cases, errors in the modern configuration host have something to do with problems with Windows Update. In this article, we share the most effective ways to address this problem. We will also discuss how you can optimize the speed of your PC when you see the Modern Setup Host at 100% disk usage.
How to Fix Modern Setup Host High CPU Usage
Perform a clean start
- Enter msconfig in the Start search field and press Enter.
- Click on the General tab, then on Selective Start.
- Clear the Load Start-up Items check box.
- Make sure that the Load System Servicesand Use Original Boot Configuration option is selected.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Now click on Disable All.
- Click on Apply/OK.
- Restart the computer.
Exit the Modern Setup Host or SetupHost.exe process.
- Open the Task Manager and search for setuphost.exe or Modern Setup.
- Click on Finish the task and complete the process.
Perform a search in the disk manager to resolve the high CPU usage of the Modern Setup host.
- Run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type the commands:
Restore Dism /Online /Cleanup Image /RestoreHealth
DISM.exe /Online /Clean image /Scan health
DISM.exe /Online /Cleaning image /Check health status
- Press the Enter key.
Run the troubleshooter for Windows Update.
One of the easiest ways to repair a modern installation host is to run Windows Update troubleshooting. On Windows 10, it is an integrated tool, while on Windows 7 or 8, you must download the troubleshooting from the Microsoft website.
Windows 10 users follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo button or click on the search field.
- Type the troubleshooter in the search box, then click on it to run it.
- In the following windows, click on Windows Update, then on Run the troubleshooter. This automatically starts the Windows Update troubleshooting process.
- When the troubleshooting is complete, check that the troubleshooter detects a problem and correct it. Otherwise, if this tool does not detect a problem, apply other patches.
Can we delete Modern Setup Host?
Removing a system service can cause many problems in the future. The Windows 10 operating system is dependent, which means that services depend on several other smaller services to work properly. When a user deletes a system service, other services fail. This leads to a fairly serious problem in the operating system that is difficult to solve, so reinstalling the operating system is the option.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.