Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
According to the official Nintendo support site, error 9001-0026 occurs when you try to use or buy a game with a download code. It also happens, especially when trying to get other types of content. The problem has been reported by several users, and it’s very frustrating because you can’t buy anything and can no longer use error code 9001-0026 on the Nintendo Switch. In addition, this error code means that you logged into Nintendo Swtich with an account that does not have access to Nintendo eShop from the Nintendo Switch console.
In addition, titles, content, and subscriptions can only be purchased or used on the website with a Nintendo account that is actively associated with the Nintendo Switch console. If you’re experiencing a similar problem, this is the right place. In this article, we’ll offer you possible workarounds you can apply to resolve error code 9001-0026 on your Nintendo Switch.
Check the servers
As mentioned earlier, this error code can also occur due to server issues. Before proceeding with any of the methods, it is always recommended that you check for a server failure. Because not only does it save time, but if it’s a server-side problem, there’s not much you can do on your end. You can just wait until the problem goes away. To check the servers, you can go to the Nintendo servers page. Select the region where the problem occurs and see if there is a failure.
Linking your Nintendo account to your Nintendo Switch
The ability to use a Nintendo Network ID to log in to an existing Nintendo account or to create a new Nintendo account is no longer supported. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you are unable to log in to your Nintendo account and have previously used a Nintendo Network ID, find out how to access your Nintendo account.
- At any time after you create your user account, select System Preferences from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Users, then select the appropriate user account to access your profile settings.
- Select Link Nintendo account.
- Select Sign In and Link to link an existing Nintendo account.
- Select a connection method:
- Log in using your email address or Login ID: Enter your email address (for users age 13 and older) or Login ID (for users under 13) and the password associated with your account, then click while connecting.
- If you have set up two-step verification for your Nintendo account, you will also be prompted to enter your Google Authenticator code.
- Sign in using a smart device: Use your smart device to sign in to your Nintendo account using your Nintendo account password or other credentials (Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter) and the code to sign in. Nintendo Switch. Read our complete instructions on how to sign in to your Nintendo account on your Nintendo Switch using your smart device.
- If you’ve forgotten your Nintendo account login information, you can restore or reset your login information.
- Select Link to link your Nintendo account to your user account on the console.
- Once you’ve linked your Nintendo account, it can no longer be linked or changed for that account.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message indicating that your Nintendo account is now linked to your user account. Click OK to return to the system settings.
Make sure the credit card is in the same currency as the region
It turns out that error code 9001-0026 can also occur when you try to use a card with a currency other than the region in which you’re using your Nintendo Switch console.
For example, if you try to make purchases in the U.S. with a different currency, you may see this error code. It’s the same in the euro area (although you can use a credit card in euros even if you’re in a country with the local currency).
You can usually avoid these problems if your credit card is registered in the same country where you plan to make the purchase.
According to Nintendo, both credit and debit cards are supported. However, try to use a credit card if possible.
Contact Nintendo Support
If none of the possible fixes listed above worked for you, all you need to do is contact Nintendo Support. You may be dealing with an inconsistent account outside of your control.
You can ask for help by contacting Nintendo Support on the official page. However, if you’re not already covered by a valid warranty, you can expect to pay for help, which you’ll get soon.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.