Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you are using a camera with Windows 10 version 1903 or higher, such as Windows 10 version 2004, and you are using a USB printer, you may sometimes notice that the printer is missing when you try to print.
The printer port is missing on the affected devices. Windows 10 users can check the printer ports on the device as follows : Select Start > Settings (gear icon) > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Print Server Properties > go to the Ports tab.
Locate any USB port in the list. The printer in question and the USB port to which it is connected should not appear on the page.
To repair the missing printer’s USB port in Windows 10 1903 and later
There is a solution to the problem, and it is fairly easy to use. Just connect the USB printer to the PC and turn it on before starting Windows. Once this is done, Windows will recognize the USB printer and the printing and other functions provided by the printer will be available during the session.
- Click the “Start” button.
- Click the network icon on the Start menu and select Shut Down. This will shut down the operating system.
- Turn on the printer.
- When it is disconnected from the PC, it must be connected.
- Now turn on your computer and start the operating system.
This should solve the problem. When Windows 10 starts up, it will recognize the printer and recreate the missing USB port.
Adding the Printer
You can also try to add the printer by following the steps below :
- Click “Start”, “Control Panel”, “Hardware and Sound”.
- Click on “Add Printer”.
- Select “Add a local printer” and click “Create a new port”.
- Select “Local Port” and click “Next”.
- Enter “[\NNN Computer name [printer name]” (without quotes) for the port name and click “OK”.
Example: If the computer you want to connect to is named Computer A and the printer is named Printer A, the path \\computerA\N Printer A
Microsoft is working on a permanent solution to this problem and plans to release it as part of a future update of the Windows 10 operating system.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.