RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
As Quicken is a very popular financial software among users in the United States and Canada. There are many chances that users will encounter problems when working on the software. Today we are going to discuss Quicken Error CC-502, it is a very common error that occurs when updating your bank accounts in Quicken.
Symptoms of Quicken CC-502 error
Take a look at the points given:
- You will notice that your system often crashes when you run the same program.
- Windows performance also becomes slow and reacts slowly.
- You will notice that your computer freezes regularly for a few seconds.
If you receive a CC-502 error, we recommend that you first check the Quicken community for alerts to common problems. This error message is usually caused by the maintenance of your bank’s website. You can try again in a few hours or the next business day.
If the problem persists after one business day, the following steps should solve your problem.
If waiting does not solve the problem.
- Open the account transaction tab with the error message.
- Click on the speed icon at the top right of the tab and choose Update Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the update.
- Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
Continue if the above steps do not solve the problems;
The main cause could be that the login password for the bank account uses special characters that may affect Quicken’s ability to download transactions. And these special characters can be the commercial and (&), the left carat (<), the right carat (>), the backslash (\), and the front slash (/).
Note: Note that these steps only apply to accounts configured for Express Web Connect. The steps you specify do not work for accounts that are connected via Direct Connect or Web Connect.
- Log in to your bank’s website.
- Then change your password to use characters other than special characters such as &, <, >, \, or, /.
- Now start Quicken and go to Tools > Password Bank > Add/Modify Passwords.
- Then click on the account in the password vault.
- Then, you can choose Change password for the account.
- Enter the same password you just used to log in to the bank’s website again and click Edit, then click Done.
- Now select Tools > One-step update to confirm that the error has been corrected.
This article will help you to effectively solve the problem if you have a problem while troubleshooting the Quicken Error CC-502. Contact our experts who are available 24 hours a day and at any time. Simply contact us at Quicken Support’s toll-free telephone number 1-877-263-2742.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.