RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Reddit is one of the most popular websites on the Internet, and you can find just about anything. But if you don’t know him, Reddit can look like a confusing mix of jargon, symbols and all kinds of strange content.
Despite the use of the platform and its popularity, we have encountered several different cases where users have not been able to search for topics on all topics using Reddit search. There are several variants of the problem where, in some cases, partial results are displayed, while in other cases, no results are displayed at all.
Check if there are any backend problems
Before starting the troubleshooting, you must make sure that the problem is not in the Reddit backend. In several cases, the Reddit search module failed or some Reddit services did not work as expected. Here you can browse the Reddit forums and check if other people have the same problem.
You can also navigate to the official editorial page and check its status. If you see a yellow bar right now, it usually means that there is a problem on the back-end servers and that there is nothing else to do but wait.
Disable search filters
Reddit automatically applies a search filter to your account that extracts NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content. This means that each time you perform a search on Reddit, these messages are automatically deleted from your search results and you may not be able to see them. The funny thing is that this option is hidden in your profile settings and a normal user does not know that their search will be filtered at all. Below you will find the method to disable the search filter.
Navigate to the Reddit website and click on the image of your profile at the top right of the screen, then on User Preferences.
If you are in the settings, click on the Feed Settings tab and check the following option:
You also have the option of scrambling search results if it is NSFW. Save and exit the changes.
Now reload the website and try the search. Check if the problem is solved.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Click on Tools, then select Add-ons.
- In the left pane, click Extensions.
- Find Adblock in the list of extensions.
- Select Disable to temporarily disable AdBlock.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Click on Safari in the menu bar of your browser and select Settings. The Preferences window appears.
- Click on the Extensions button. A list of all the extensions you have installed in Safari appears.
- Navigate to and click AdBlock in the list of extensions on the left.
- Set the Power button on the Settings window to Off. AdBlock will then be temporarily disabled until you decide to reactivate the extension.
- Click on the Chrome Menu icon in the browser toolbar.
- Select the Tools menu, then click Extensions in the submenu.
- Click on the Trashcan icon that appears next to Adblock Plus.
- Click Delete when the confirmation message appears to effectively uninstall Adblock Plus from your web browser.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.