Last Updated on February 10, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The Sony smart TV with Android TV operating system is pre-installed with the YouTube application. Users can stream their favourite YouTube videos to the TV after logging in to the TV. However, some users have reported that the Sony Smart TV is not connected to YouTube.
The problem occurs when starting the YouTube app. The application freezes and displays an endless loading screen. This error may be caused by a malfunction of the application or Sony TV.
In this article, we have listed the best possible solutions to solve the problem of the YouTube application not working with Sony Smart TV.
Before You Start
Make sure your TV has the latest software update. If your TV does not have the latest version of the software, download and install the latest update and check if the problem is solved. Downloads are published on the support page of your model.
If the problem persists, proceed to the next steps.
If the problem occurred once, it may still occur after you resolve the temporary connection error. The procedure below is the solution for such cases.
Check for service failures
- Make sure the problem is not related to the YouTube service before trying to resolve it.
- Launch the YouTube application on your phone or access it from your computer.
- Try playing any video and make sure the streaming is working properly. If the problem persists on all devices, all you can do is wait for YouTube to fix it.
- If YouTube is working on your phone and PC, follow these troubleshooting tips.
Delete Data from the YouTube application
If the problem persists, it can be resolved by initializing the YouTube application by following the procedure below.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select YouTube.
- Select Delete Data.
- Select OK.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Launch the YouTube application from the Home screen.
- If the above steps do not resolve the problem, perform a power reset.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.