RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Lexmark printer drivers and software have long been known to be painful if you no longer want to use the printer and want to use something else for your printing tasks. For most other printing programs, this is not a problem, just go to Add/Remove and uninstall. Unfortunately, some Lexmark software does not move completely away from Windows and leaves some data in the spooler service. This may mean that you get a spooler 1075 service error similar to the one below, or an error 1068 when you try to use the printer and replacement software.
The error indicates that the spooler service cannot be started because a LexBceS Server Lexmark service is still being searched and does not exist because there is no Lexmark software on the PC. The spooler does not start until it is prompted not to search for the missing Lexmark service.
To resolve this error, follow these steps.
- Press the Window + R button to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” then select “OK”.
- Double-click on the Printer Spooler service, then change the start type to Automatic. The spooler service will start automatically when you restart the computer. Select “OK”.
- Restart the computer and try to reinstall the printer.
- Exit all programs, such as Word or others, that you may have used to try to print with the program.
- Click the Start > Administrative > Services button.
- Then scroll down to’Print Spooler’ in the list that appears. Right-click and select Stop.
- Go to’My Computer’ and double-click on’Local hard disk (C:)’. Then select the Windows folder.
System32′ >’spool’ >’Printer’ folder.
- Delete all print jobs from this folder
- Go back to’Services’, find’Print Spooler’ and right click. Now select’Start’.
- Now open the program you closed and try to print the desired document as usual.
You can check if the spooler is stopped or started by looking at it in the Service Status column.
Executing the above function helps you to reset the spooler to the default settings. If the problem is still not solved after following these instructions, it is best to seek expert assistance.
Verification of dependent services for the printing spooler
1. Click on “Start”, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the search bar and press “Enter”.
2. Double-click on the “Print Spooler” service.
3. select the “Dependencies” tab and save the name of the service.
4. In the Services List window, locate the addiction services and try to start them.
5. Please try to restart the Print Spooler service.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.