RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Using full screen mode in Windows 10 is very easy. You don’t want to be distracted and want to focus on what lies ahead. Usually when you play games or watch videos, it goes into full screen mode. You can do both in your favorite browser like Chrome or a video player like VLC on your PC. However, it’s a sight to behold when the taskbar isn’t hidden in full screen mode, especially when streaming content or playing games.
Several users have encountered this issue where the taskbar is not hiding in full screen mode. It spoils the experience, especially when you see all these icons with constant flashing notifications. We don’t want that anyway.
Let’s see how we can fix the Windows 10 taskbar error not hiding in full screen mode.
Check your taskbar settings
One of the easiest ways to hide the taskbar is to change the taskbar settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + I at the same time to open Settings.
- Then click “Personalize” and select “Taskbar”.
- Select the “Automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode” and “Automatically hide taskbar in tablet mode” options.
- Close the tab.
Restart Windows Explorer
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Find Windows Explorer in the pop-up window.
- Then left click on the Windows Explorer process and click Restart.
This process is designed to help you hide the taskbar in full screen mode.
Use the following workaround which might work like a charm
This would be a trick to fix the problem that the Windows 10 taskbar is not hiding. It worked on many occasions when this problem occurred.
- Click the SEARCH button on the taskbar.
If you have a search box on the taskbar, but no SEARCH button, click in the search box.
- When the search box appears, click anywhere on the desktop to hide the search box. After that, the taskbar should automatically hide as usual.
I hope you find the above methods helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave comments below.
Distraction can be boring, and when you can’t do anything about it, it can be even more frustrating. Fortunately, there are ways to fix the taskbar not disappearing issue in Windows 10. Let us know which worked or if you find a new solution.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.