RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Tumblr is a micro-blogging and social media networking platform where users can create their own blogs and publish content on the website. The site has a big fan with more than 465 million users by 2019, but recently many reports have come in that users can’t see the images on the site and only upload them.
Make sure: Displays images when pages are opened and selected.
It is a good idea to install another web browser on your computer if Firefox does not work. This way, you can download and install updates or use this additional browser for troubleshooting.
Disabling the U-Block extension
If the U-Block add-on is installed in your browser, some content on the website may not load properly, causing the problem. Therefore, in this step, we will disable the U-Block Add-On. The steps may vary depending on the browser you are using.
For Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and launch a new tab.
- Press the “Menu” button in the upper right corner.
- Move the mouse pointer over the “Other tools” options and click on “Extensions”.
- Click on the button under the “U-Block Origins” or “U-Block” extension to disable it.
- Restart your browser and check if the problem persists.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Open the browser and start a new tab.
- Click on the “Menu” button at the top right.
- Click on “Extensions” and select the extension “U-Block Origins” or “U-Block”.
- Select the “Delete” option below to permanently delete it from your computer.
- Check if the problem persists.
- Open Firefox and start a new tab.
- Click on the “Menu” button in the upper right corner.
- Click on “Add On” and select the “Extensions or Themes” option.
- Click on the “U-Block Source” or “U-Block” option.
- Select the “Disable” option and restart your browser.
- Check if the problem persists.
Troubleshoot Uploading Error
If you have problems downloading an image, try the following:
- For static images, the file must not exceed 20 MB and must be in JPEG or PNG format.
- If you publish an animated GIF, make sure it is less than 3 MB and does not exceed 540 pixels.
- Try saving a brand new version of the file with the photo/image application of your choice. This can sometimes help to solve coding problems that may be in the original file.
- We do not support CMYK files or other non-RGB image files, so save the image in RGB and try again.
- The largest image supported by most blog topics is 500 pixels wide and 750 pixels high. Respect this limit to avoid resizing your image.
- By clicking on an image in a photo message, you will get a larger version of the image, if available. This larger version can be up to 1280 pixels wide and 1920 pixels high.
- Upgrading to a larger version is only possible if the blog image does not have a clickable link to another website.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.