Last Updated on November 11, 2019
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
VLC is a portable media player, encoder and streamer that supports many codecs and formats of audio and video files, as well as DVD, VCD and various streaming protocols. It is capable of streaming over networks and transcoding and storing multimedia files in different formats. However, many users have reported an error when trying to open a file with VLC. When they enter a URL for the YouTube video, an error message appears: “Your input can’t be opened. VLC is unable to open the MRL…” This is an error that occurs when VLC tries to open a file, stream or movie that is not on your local computer and VLC cannot play the file.
The error may be due to changes in the settings you made previously. There may also be problems with the video property or changes in YouTube scripts that may be incorrect. To fix the error’Your Input Can’t be Opened’, here are some repair methods.
Disabling the Windows Firewall
- Click the Type button here to search the Windows 10 taskbar to open the Cortana search box.
- In the search box, type’Windows Firewall’.
- Then select Windows Defender Firewall to open the window that appears in the record directly below.
- Click Enable or disable the Windows Defender firewall to open the options.
- Select the two options Disable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the OK button.
Update VLC Media Player
- When you open the VLC Media Player, you receive an automatic notification that reminds you of the latest VLC update information. To update your VLC, simply click on the Yes button.
- The VLC media player itself will download the latest VLC version for you in a matter of seconds.
- After downloading the installation, click on the “Install” button and immediately start the installation process.
- Once you have clicked on the “Install” button, you can follow the steps provided by VLC to update the VLC media player, just as you would for installing common software.
- By default, VLC will run on its own after a successful installation. You can check whether you have successfully installed the latest version of VLC or not by clicking on Help > About.
- Click on the Start menu and open the Control Panel by searching for it. You can also click on the gear icon to open Settings if you are using Windows 10.
- In the Control Panel, select View as: Category in the upper right corner and click on Uninstall a program in the Programs section.
- If you use the Settings application, a click on Applications should immediately open a list of all programs installed on your PC.
- Find the VLC entry in the list and click on it once. Click the Uninstall button above the list and confirm all the dialog boxes that appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall VLC, then restart your computer.
- Download the latest version of the VLC installation and click on the Download VLC button in the center of the website.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.