Last Updated on November 8, 2019
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
It seems that HP has started to transfer the HIDClass driver to its devices again, but for various reasons, it cannot be installed on Windows 10. Various reports show that the HP HIDClass driver cannot be installed under Windows 10 with error 0x800703e3 and that the “try again” button does nothing.
From the current point of view, this problem arises not only on HP devices with the October 2018 update, but also on PCs with the April 2018 update (version 1803) or perhaps older. Only a subset of consumers seems to be affected, and everything seems to be related to a conflict with HP drivers.
If you have this problem, there is a workaround that seems to work for us and many other users. Note, however, that this is not an official solution. Use of this guide is at your own risk.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703e3:
Manually reset the Windows Update Service
Open the administrative command prompt and type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Manual Replacement of the Camera Driver
If you experience this problem when accessing your camera application or trying to update the driver, you probably have driver problems. In this case, you should be able to solve the problem by updating the webcam driver with the generic equivalent that is compatible.
Several Windows users who also encountered this problem confirmed that this procedure finally allowed them to update the camera driver or launch the application without encountering the error code 0x800703e3. It turns out that the generic driver is much more stable and does not cause the same problems.
Here is a short guide on how to manually update the camera driver by replacing it with the generic equivalent via the Device Manager:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the text box and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, scroll through the list of installed devices and expand the Imaging Devices drop-down menu. Then right-click on your webcam and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu that appears.
- When you are on the first screen, click on Search for a driver on my computer.
- When prompted to choose a location for the driver you want to install, click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- On the next screen, select the Show compatible hardware check box, then select the USB video device from the list of available drivers. When the correct driver is selected, click Next.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and check that the problem is solved the next time you start your computer.
Download the HP Wireless Button and Driver
- You must first download the HP Wireless button. The fastest and safest way is to download it simply from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Then, you must find the right driver for your version of Windows 10. For example, if you are using Windows 10 v1803, press CRTL+ F and type 1803 to quickly identify the appropriate driver.
- As you can see in the following screenshot, the driver for Windows 10 v1803 is the third one.
- Click on the Download button, wait for the driver to download the file to your computer, then click on the cabin file to open it.
- You will see that the folder contains three files. These are archived files that you must first extract.
- Now right-click on the WirelessButtonDriver inf.file. This is the installation information file. A small pop-up window should appear on the screen asking you to install the wireless button driver.
- If so, click on Install. When a security window appears on the screen, simply confirm your selection to complete the installation process.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.