RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You will receive the following error code when you try to connect to Xbox Live or access certain Xbox Live features on your Xbox One console:
This may mean that your profile is corrupted. The 0x87dd0006 error can also be caused by incorrect billing information, a corrupted profile, etc. that prevents users from logging into their Xbox account. With Xbox, you can enjoy tons of games on your Xbox console, but your game sessions can sometimes be interrupted by general errors. The error 0x87dd0006 was public knowledge and Xbox support tried everything to solve this problem. However, some users still encounter the problem, which is serious because gaming sessions should not be compromised.
Delete and add your Gamertag profile
To delete your profile:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide…
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Account, select Delete accounts.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.
- When you are finished, select Close.
Restart your console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart the console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Note If you cannot access the instructions or if the console appears frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for about 10 seconds until the console is turned off. Once the console is turned off, press the Xbox button on the console again to restart it.
Make sure your billing information is correct.
Users reported that this error could be caused by incorrect billing information. If you have made any changes to your account or billing information, please check that all the information you have entered is correct. You can check your billing information from any browser by simply following the steps below:
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Go to the Payment and Billing section and select Billing Info.
- Select the Edit profile option and edit the desired information.
You can also change your billing address on your Xbox One by following these steps:
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the instructions.
- Select Settings > All settings.
- In the Account section, select Payment and Billing.
- Choose Change billing address.
- Change your billing information. You can skip billing information that does not need to be changed by simply pressing the B button on your controller and selecting Next.
- Once the desired information has been changed, select Save Info to save the changes.
Updating the console
Updates are integrated for each material. If you have not updated your console for a long time, the error may occur. Be sure to use the latest version. To update your console:
Press the Xbox button to open the instructions.
Go to Settings, then select All Settings.
Navigate to the system, then to Updates.
Select Update Console to check for updates.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.