RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Did you forward multiple emails in one to Gmail? I bet you didn’t, because Gmail doesn’t offer such a feature. It could be a conversation history or important emails with invoices or attachments. Bulk forwarding of these emails can be a sensitive activity in Gmail.
For example, your manager may want a copy of all correspondence between you and the customer. You can also use this method to save important email elsewhere or to migrate to a new email ID. Either way, forwarding all those emails one by one is a complete waste of time. Not to mention frustration and annoyance. I found a better way.
Use Multi Forward for Gmail
With Gmail, you can currently forward only one message at a time. It’s unclear whether this is supposed to help reduce spam, or whether it’s just because it’s not an everyday task. But there are times when being able to forward multiple messages at once can be convenient. For example, at the end of the month, when you need all your employees to forward GST reports to your boss. Multi Forward for Gmail allows you to select multiple emails from your inbox, click the Multi Forward button and forward them all at once to any number of recipients.
To download the Multi Forward email forwarding extension in Google Chrome:
Before you start, you need to download the Multi Email Forward extension.
- Search for “Multi Email Forward” on the Google Chrome online store on your PC or Mac, then click the blue “Add to Chrome” button on the extension’s page.
- Click the white “Add to Chrome” button in the pop-up window.
- 3 The next time you open Gmail, you’ll need to click the startup prompts for multiple mail forwarding, including allowing multiple mail forwarding to view your Gmail information.
Forwarding Multiple Emails in Gmail
- Open Gmail and go to your Inbox.
- Select the email messages you’d like to forward by clicking the box to the left of each message.
- From the toolbar, select the ‘Multiple Forwarding’ icon (remember it’s a curved arrow pointing to the right).
- The extension prompts you to sign in to Gmail to allow this feature.
- When the Multiple Forwarding dialog box appears, click Sign in.
- The next dialog box tells you what the extension is allowed to do. Click Allow. You’ll see a confirmation message – close it.
- Select the “Multiple Forwarding” icon again. In the Multiple Forwarding dialog box, enter the email addresses of the people to whom you want to forward the selected messages. Click Multi Forwarding to send.
- Another Multi Forwarding dialog box appears, which you should leave open until you see a confirmation message. Once you see the confirmation message, you are done.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.