RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Switching from one to the other between your phone and your PC can be boring. Some email applications have web clients, so you don’t need to open your device to make a call. But there is an easier way to reply to messages, check notifications and open the screen of your Android device without looking away from your PC.
Thanks to a recent update, Microsoft’s Your Phone application now allows users to view their Android notifications and reply to messages directly from a Windows 10 PC.
To configure the “Your Phone” application for Android notifications on Windows 10:
How to Set up Android Notifications On Your Windows 10 PC
The first thing you need to do to get started is to download the Your Phone application from the Microsoft Store to your Windows 10 PC. The only requirement for your PC is that it runs Windows Update April 10, 2018 or later. The application is completely free and can be accessed via this link.
- Open the Microsoft Store and search for “Your Phone”.
- If the application is not yet installed, install it.
- Once the application is installed, click on the three-point menu button next to the Run command. If the “Update” option appears, select it.
Then prepare your computer for connection:
- Open the Your Phone application.
- Click on the Android field and then on “Start”.
- Enter your phone number at the prompt that appears.
How to Set up Android Notifications On Your Android Phone
For the functions to run on your Android smartphone, you must launch the “Your Phone Companion” application. There are two ways to do this. First, you can go directly to the Google Play Store and download it from there. Otherwise, the Your Phone application on Windows 10 will ask you to enter your phone number, which will send you a link to download the application to your smartphone.
- Look for a Microsoft text with a link to install the Your Phone Companion application (or find the application yourself in the Play Store), then install it.
- Open the Your Phone Companion application and press “Connect with Microsoft”.
- Enter your Microsoft. Make sure you are using the same account that appears in the Your Phone application on your computer.
- Give the application the different permissions it requires.
- When the application prompts you to configure the Your Phone application on your PC, tap My PC is ready.
- When the application prompts you to allow the connection, tap Allow.
You will now receive push notifications from your Android device on your Windows 10 PC.
Thank you for taking the time to read our guide. Hopefully you now know everything you need to know about connecting your Android smartphone to Windows 10. What do you think of this new feature? Have a good time!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.