RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft has an internal preview program for many of its applications. You have one for Windows that is burned into the system, then you have one for Microsoft Office, Edge too. In today’s post, we will explain how you can participate in the OneDrive Insider Preview program.
Once you have joined the Insider program, you will have early access to features and updates that are not available to everyone. It also means that you test OneDrive for almost all types of bugs. However, there is a big problem that few people know about – if your computer is part of the Windows Insider preview, then OneDrive already receives pre-release updates.
However, since many of us are not interested in Windows Insider, you will have to register manually for the OneDrive Insider Preview program.
To subscribe to OneDrive Insider preview program updates
To join the OneDrive Preview program on Windows 10, do the following:
- Open the OneDrive Cloud icon.
- Click on the More option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Click on the About tab.
- In the About Microsoft OneDrive section, select Get OneDrive Insider Preview updates before they are released.
- Click on the OK button.
Once you have completed the steps, the next time OneDrive checks for updates, it will automatically download and install the latest preview version of the client. (Restarting the computer can also trigger the client update to the last pre-version.)
To unsubscribe from the OneDrive Insider Preview program
However, if it is easy to switch to the Insider program, it is different from returning to the standard version.
- You must follow the settings on the Info page again and uncheck the Update Insider Preview box.
- Once this is done, uninstall the OneDrive software.
- Restart your computer and download and install the regular version again.
- When you configure the regular version, point it to the same folder. Be sure to use the same account as before.
You will no longer need to download all the files again. Microsoft has made it much easier to register for the OneDrive Insider program, especially if you are testing Windows Insider.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.