Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Instagram did it again. The app now has a new filter that tells you which Harry Potter character you are, and it beats you.
How to find out which Harry Potter Character you are Instagram Filter
The Harry Potter filter in @syilers is like the one in Disney and Pokemon, but it reveals who you are in the world of magicians. It’s completely random, so don’t worry if you’re Voldemort. It includes everyone from The Boy Who Lived to Ron, Hermione and others.
There are many ways to access this filter. Here’s one possibility:
- Open the Instagram application on your phone.
- Go to the @syilers profile. You may need to follow them for a while.
- Tap on the “Test Harry Potter” filter attached to your profile. It will either be saved as a highlight or in the Effects (Smile Face) section of your profile.
- When you have found and opened the filter, tap on its name (at the top next to the user name).
- In the menu that appears, tap “Try it”.
- With the camera facing you, tap the record button when the filter appears.
- Wait for it to scan your face, then tap the Hogwarts animation and it will select a Harry Potter character.
- Finish the recording if you wish.
You can also save these filters in your story filter options. Instead of pressing “Try” in the filter menu, simply press the “Download” button in the bottom corner to download the filter. The filter will then appear as an option the next time you publish an Instagram story.
How to get the Sorting Hat filter on Instagram
Although it looks smooth and professional, it has not yet received the official Instagram label. So, unlike their filters, you can’t access the sorting hat filter by simply opening the camera.
Instead, you have to go to _vasilisova’s profile to get the filter, or you have to get it from a friend of yours who has tried it.
When you are in your Insta profile, go to the filter section. Here you can access and save all the filters she has created, including the sort cap.
Get Harry Potter Filters from your Friends’ Stories
- Browse your friends’ stories to find someone who uses the Harry Potter filters.
- Look for the title of the filter – “Which wizard’s house” or “Harry Potter” – at the beginning of their story.
- Tap it and choose from the following menu options: “Try it”, “Save effect”, “Send to…” or “More”.
- Select “Save Effect” to save it to your Instagram Stories camera filters.
- You can now see the filter in your Stories camera.
Where are the effects saved?
To access the saved filters, create an Instagram Story. When you are in the Normal section, the saved filters are located to the left of the Unfiltered Auto-Production option.
We have contacted Instagram Australia and will update them when they respond.
Which Harry Potter Character Are You?
I hope you enjoyed reading this and had no problem getting these amazing Harry Potter filters on IG. The latter method is actually the most reliable, as you can do it yourself without the help of your friends.
What is your wizard’s house? I hope it’s not Slytherin (who am I kidding? Slytherin is the coolest in my book). What about the character filter? What’s your favorite HP character? Feel free to join the Harry Potter discussion in the comments section below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.